41015 - Dolphin Cruiser

debbiedoesshoes

• 4 months later...

Is anyone else bothered that there's no door between the bathroom and living room on the Dolphin Cruiser?  And the "glass" panels that separate the two rooms are transparent?  It's a strangely exhibitionist design.  I would imagine that the Friends are in practice too embarassed to ever use the toilet or shower unless there is no one else on the boat at the time...

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...
59 minutes ago, Haay said:

What do you mean with "still alive...." ? It's officially retired in Europe since end of 2015, and Sold Out in the US with official retirement imminent.

Yes but it can still be found at MSRP on amazon.de, amazon.fr, amazon.it ...(temporarily out of stock for .fr and .it, more coming soon on january 27th). Limit of 1, 1 and 2 however.

Edited by biniou

14 minutes ago, biniou said:

Yes but it can still be found at MSRP on amazon.de, amazon.fr, amazon.it ...(temporarily out of stock for .fr and .it, more coming soon on january 27th). Limit of 1, 1 and 2 however.

Ahhh, so that's what you meant. Yes, while it's officially retired by TLG, there's still stock at retailers that needs to be sold off first. Here in The Netherlands I could still get it below RRP if I would want to. Will take some time before this set is going to get sold significantly above RRP.

With a MSRP at 69,99€ it means that it has to be sold 105€ on ebay (without shipping) to get "only" 130% of ROI, so IMO it's not enough interesting to grab some at that price. This set is wonderful and a very good seller but can it reach 150€ ? Not sure, it's not a SW licenced set and I think that parents will be more tempted to pass and buy something else to their little sunshine. Not sure that there are tons of friends collectors either.

It was a nice set to invest in at 50€ though (I got my sets for 48€). I think we'll have no problem selling them for 89€, meaning 150 to 160% ROI, it's more than OK for me. :)

Edited by biniou

I got one for €50 last year. One that will either some day (when it's finally not sold in retail stores any longer) rise in value enough to be interesting to sell it, or if not I'll just give it to my daughter as a birthday present or something. :P She's 6 now, so I still have 1-3 years before she'd feel too old for it. :D 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...