Grand Emporium investment overseas

legoaddiction

Hi fellow investors and brickers

Im an Australian and I like the look of modulars but i see a lot of you investing in this particular set.

The problem is this set costs $240 for Australians which is quite a bit on top of the exchange rate difference.

I was wondering if this set is still good to invest in for us overseas folk. 

I cannot ever imagine ever getting a profit out of this set by selling it overseas (shipping it back to USA will cost $50 adding the total to $300). This means i will have to rely on Aussie brickers if i do plan to resell it in future.

Would like to know your opinions on this matter

thanks

MSRP for 10197 in AU was 299 AUD (http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=10197-1).

The US investors always have a price advantage over everyone else. For us non-US investors, we have to make do with what we got. Sometimes over here in the EU, import taxes push the balance in favor of us EU sellers over US sellers, maybe that'd be the case for you too.

MSRP for 10197 in AU was 299 AUD (http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=10197-1).

Thanks for your reply M4x18. Where in that link does it say 10197 originally sold for $299?

Im reading current prices as $238.97 (which in fact should be $299-300).

However i cannot seem to access the original prices for this set in AUS. It was $144 in USA so it was priced similarly as the Grand Emprorium.

The problem is, right now you are starting far behind the eight ball in terms of modulars. Whilst it had a $300 RRP here there were many opportunities to pick up the Fire Brigade for $150 delivered both from here and overseas. Now though those loopholes have seriously tightened as the US prices have been strangled with no price reductions on exclusives, so has it filtered through to us.  

Modulars have been on sale here at David Jones and Toyworld, so you will just have to stay vigilant if you really want them. I picked up a pair of GEs from TRU US for about $180 delivered last year so it still is some form of saving.