4209 - Fire Plane

cobi

This set will do fine in the long run. Fir vehicles always do. The price is climbing slowly because there is a healthy supply out there and the set was was on some good sales pre-eol. Everyone who is freaking out about this set not rocketing upon retirement should go ahead and give up on reselling altogether right now because you clearly have expectations that will be dashed more times than they will be affirmed.

This set will do fine in the long run. Fir vehicles always do. The price is climbing slowly because there is a healthy supply out there and the set was was on some good sales pre-eol. Everyone who is freaking out about this set not rocketing upon retirement should go ahead and give up on reselling altogether right now because you clearly have expectations that will be dashed more times than they will be affirmed.

this discussion was never a thread about  whining that we're not making enough money fast enough.  the actual discussion was about whether this was a good investment.  you can always make money off 50% off lego.  no one every disputed that.  the question is whether you'd be better of investing elsewhere.  i still think long term, especially when the next cooler fire plane comes out, this set will have limited cagr potential if you bought it at anything over 50% MSRP.

I'm sure in November/December when I combo it with Fire Boat and Fire Helicopter I'll have made money.

I would not hold this for years because its a really cool unique set.  its just a big red plane.  

In the future, I will stick with CITY TRAINS.

To give Tabbyboy is due, he was flipping the sets rather than investing. (But that's another arguement in itself :) ) I think his only mistake was not to sell them all at Christmas. But kudos for giving those ones to charity.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=lego+4209&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Here are the Ebay UK sales. They are not brilliant, but if you bought them at

Guest TabbyBoy

I'll now put the remainder on at a BIN price of 50% RRP and accept slightly lower offers only to break even.  I don't really expect any to sell any for as high as

Good call, Tabby if you'd like to trade them I'd be interested in a swap. I can pm you what I have to offer. Or better yet just give it some time, I just checked and the plane is at $61 on Amazon and going up. You should have no problem selling them this Christmas for a decent return.