Star Wars Microfighters

kunfuzd

I am not really into investing in the smaller stuff but IF they continue the microfighters series, then of course then this "first set" would be sought after for completionists.

Can't hurt to have a couple, cheap enough.

We have preliminary images confirming Lego is continuing the line of Microfighters. Hopefully they make it over stateside in the US unlike the last series of Planets. I agree for a good discount it would be good to have a few. They're nice for parts and come with a minifigure to boot.

I saw the second wave's MSRP is going to be $17.99. Does that seem crazy spendy to anyone else?

...? I didn't see anything saying the new sets would retail any differently than the current ones.

I like that 3 pack deal. Hopefully my local Costco will have them.

I called my Costco and they don't have it yet but might for Christmas.

I quit my membership some time ago.  Will need to drag my Dad there to get a few of these.

I collected sets of the 9 planets several times and sold for $250-$300 on ebay.

Have one set left to post.

Think it can be a good long term gain, not great but good.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

I think the planets are going for such a high price is due to the fact that series 3 wasn't released here in the U.S..  Unless something like that happens again I don't see these more the doubling. Personally I like these only have two falcon and xwing

• 3 months later...

is anyone else thinking the first round of microfighters as an investment now that they are pretty scarce in stores and the series 2 is on shelves?

i havent decided but they are definitely cooler than the planet sets even for a display purpose. 

I havent stocked up but i at least got one of each for the collector in me. didnt see them for a discount really ever. maybe 15% at most. 

Currently I have seen Walmart and Target clearance these between 15-30% off and there are very few left. Most stores don't even have these in stock including Toys R Us which usually has EOL items above retail a little longer. I've put some sets aside, if series 2 is popular, then I don't see why you can't get good returns as soon as next Christmas for the set similar to what the Mixels did.

They will probably have a shorter shelf-life with so many in each series.  I put together some sets since Kroger had them 50% off after Christmas so I can't lose at that price.  I just hope they appreciate nicely like the Mixels series 1 has.

That's exactly what I said about my Planet Series 1 sets. They are still going for $2 below retail. 

Dunno what other Canadians are seeing, but my nearest TRU literally had hundreds of microfighters series 1 out along side series 2. Probably 40-50 of each.

They are 12.99+tax and I've never seen them discounted. Comes out to $88 for a set of six. We'll have to see mixel like returns into the $150 range for it to be worth it.

so what was ti that made mixels gain so much ground compared to these other attempts at series. 

It's a brand new line. Totally unique, and totally new concept and designs. The micro-fighters might be slightly unique, but they aren't a new concept (polybags, Planet sets) or design. IMHO, you are comparing apples and oranges.

Ahhhh,. If only Star Wars had some kind of cartoon....

or a movie... <snicker>

It's a brand new line. Totally unique, and totally new concept and designs. The micro-fighters might be slightly unique, but they aren't a new concept (polybags, Planet sets) or design. IMHO, you are comparing apples and oranges.

well apples and oranges are both fruits...

that aside i do hear you. but really could have anyone predicted they would be such a hit?