Star Wars Microfighters

kunfuzd

I don't really like the look of them, but I can see how kids will like them for their "cuteness." The one that might be of investing value is the Clone Turbo Tank because of the Ep. 3 Clone Trooper. Currently, he is exclusive and many clone collectors like armies with "normal" plain white clones. Even though the PT is not as popular as the OT, it has been several years since a similar white Ep. 3 clone has been available. 

Overall, mehhh.... Only one I will be buying if the MF to put in a custom built hanger bay on my DS. Converted the pointless crane room to something a bit more functional and accurate. Possibly X-Wings to go around said DS, but I would have to do a bit more modding to implement it, so only time will tell.

I don't really like the look of them, but I can see how kids will like them for their "cuteness." The one that might be of investing value is the Clone Turbo Tank because of the Ep. 3 Clone Trooper. Currently, he is exclusive and many clone collectors like armies with "normal" plain white clones. Even though the PT is not as popular as the OT, it has been several years since a similar white Ep. 3 clone has been available.

I was going to mention how the Clone Tank and Star Destroyer of these Microfighters is almost always sold out at my Target with the X-Wing being completely gone in a flash while the Millennium Falcon just sits there. I am trying to recall but I believe all were sold out from my Walmart a week after they came in. In my opinion, I feel like all but the Millennium Falcon will perform well after retirement if only for the fact of how army builder-esque they are while the Falcon is not. I mean, how many Han Solos or Falcons does one need? The AAT will probably be the lowest performer because it's just another battle droid although the parts for the build are nice of which I would like a couple of the set just for those personally.

I have the Millenium Falcon and X-Wing sitting on my desk at work. My friends I've shown them to love them as well. I definitely think it's too soon for investment, but original series vehicles could end up in the $15-20 range.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

These are my two favorites from this series.  Nice if you want to build and display, but I agree they're not worth it to invest this soon.

The Falcon is pretty amazing.  The way it is made with the blue translucent blocks is great, and the radar dish & cockpit are proof of a great design and build.  I like the Tie Interceptor the most, but it is a bit flimsy for serious play battles. If I can catch these on clearance, I am going to buy a few boxes for investing.  I can see these selling as bundles down the road, and that would be a great small investment, since each pack is under 10 bucks.  Bundle 5 together and sell for $100.00, seams to be very likely if they run out by Christmas.  Anyway, my plan is to get 2 complete sets for me and my son, then wait for the clearance to invest.  

• 3 weeks later...

It would seem Lego continued on the original ad to make a couple more similar like a series. (Part 1 is basically the first ad just re-uploaded for some reason.)

These were funny. Odd how the second vid showed a Phase I trooper when the set comes with a Phase II??

I definitely like these sets and have been wanting to pick up a couple of my boys.  I'm not really looking to invest, but what's a good price to pick them up at?  When is a good time to watch for them on clearance?

They just came out, so I doubt clearance will be for a while.  With the coupons floating around it should be fairly easy to get 20%, more with some stacking/gift card combinations.

I definitely like these sets and have been wanting to pick up a couple of my boys.  I'm not really looking to invest, but what's a good price to pick them up at?  When is a good time to watch for them on clearance?

I'd clear the entire shelf if these saw a half off clearance. Heck, even 40% off. That won't be for a while (assuming it does happen) but I would watch for one in the coming months say July or August especially from Target as they had a 50% off sale for all the Planets sets around that time I believe back in 2012.

I'd clear the entire shelf if these saw a half off clearance. Heck, even 40% off. That won't be for a while (assuming it does happen) but I would watch for one in the coming months say July or August especially from Target as they had a 50% off sale for all the Planets sets around that time I believe back in 2012.

This is what I'm waiting for.  I won't buy any before that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

If you have a nearby Costco then you may find a special 3-in-1 super pack deal on this year's Microfighters. Two different ones containing three sets each with the first having the Clone Turbo Tank, AAT, and Millennium Falcon while the second features the TIE Interceptor, X-Wing Fighter, and Star Destroyer. Both triple packs go for $23.99 which considering the regular $9.99 retail of each individual set means buying a single super pack instead of the three included sets separately totaling $29.97 means you would save $5.98 (before tax). Basically that is like $1.99 (roughly 20%) off each of the three Microfighters in the pack.

via The Brick Fan

Costco-Star-Wars-Microfighters.jpg

• Like 1

Cool builds, I agree. My son loves his, but he loves anything Lego Star Wars. I could see these selling as a complete set for hardcore collectors at a premium down the road, but then again, maybe not.

I saw the second wave's MSRP is going to be $17.99. Does that seem crazy spendy to anyone else?