Amazon selling compared to EBay selling

RunMan3

im a powerseller and my 50 free listings a month run out quick ... so i do get a monthly special where a few days im alotted so much free listings either BIN or auction style ... i just got my ending of the month special ... 60K free BIN listings for 6 days ... sometimes i get two listing specials a month ...

I got that one also but I had another one last week that was for free auction listings.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

im a powerseller and my 50 free listings a month run out quick ... so i do get a monthly special where a few days im alotted so much free listings either BIN or auction style ... i just got my ending of the month special ... 60K free BIN listings for 6 days ... sometimes i get two listing specials a month ...

I got that one also but I had another one last week that was for free auction listings.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Just wanted to mention one thing- an Ebay store will also get you another 1% off your Final Value Fees- would make it 9% for standard sellers and 7% for Top Rated.  I think the higher level stores might get an additional discount, but I'm not sure.  In my case, the part-out store has been running about two grand a month, so the 1% discount will net me another $20, which pays the store subscription fee and will effectively give me 100 extra listings and the other store benefits for free.

Just curious ... how many of you use BrickLink.com ... and how much volume do you have pass through it on a monthly / yearly basis?

Is it worth the time to create a page / store on BrickLink.com ... if you don't have the sales to justify the time and effort?

(Paying a 10% fee to Ebay ... or a 15% fee to Amazon ... seems worse than passing a kidney stone ... there has got to be a better "channel" to sell Legos!)

I just tried it out and there were no extra fees added.  Thanks.

No charge for listing, if you have free listing available but they do deduct from your free listing each month they renew. So if you had 50 GTC listings and none sold all month, the next month when they renew your free listings would all be used up, assuming you don't have a store and didn't receive a free listing bonus offering.

At least that is what I think is true but not tested.

• Like 1

Just curious ... how many of you use BrickLink.com ... and how much volume do you have pass through it on a monthly / yearly basis?

Is it worth the time to create a page / store on BrickLink.com ... if you don't have the sales to justify the time and effort?

(Paying a 10% fee to Ebay ... or a 15% fee to Amazon ... seems worse than passing a kidney stone ... there has got to be a better "channel" to sell Legos!)

You are paying for the level of exposure. Consider this you marketing/advertisement budget :-)

There some buyers who have no idea what ebay is or too lazy to check it, so they buy stuff on Amazon purely due to brand recognition. Sure, BP will have "classifieds" soon, with very attractive fee schedule, but regular Joe would have no idea what this site is (and it is probably a good thing, otherwise market would become too efficient)

• Like 1

Thanks for all the comments. Seems a whole lot more re EBay than Amazon so should I gather not many on here are actually selling on Amazon?

While reading through Amazon Terms of Service I saw a statement about not setting a price greater than the same item listed somewhere else. So does that mean if you have the same item listed on EBay and Amazon you can't list it for more on Amazon, to offset the higher fees, than you have it listed on EBay?

Seems like that's what they're saying but just not sure. Does anyone here know for sure?

Thanks for all the comments. Seems a whole lot more re EBay than Amazon so should I gather not many on here are actually selling on Amazon?

While reading through Amazon Terms of Service I saw a statement about not setting a price greater than the same item listed somewhere else. So does that mean if you have the same item listed on EBay and Amazon you can't list it for more on Amazon, to offset the higher fees, than you have it listed on EBay?

Seems like that's what they're saying but just not sure. Does anyone here know for sure?

Yep...and Amazon is completely unforgiving when it comes to policy violations...if you violate and they catch you, they will boot you without a second thought and with little hope of reversal.

I use Bricklink some.  It's better for used sets and for selling large quantities of new sets.  I have found it to be the best way to sell sets in wholesale quantities to overseas buyers.  Margins are thinner than retail sales, but the profits are easier to come by when you're selling 100 copies of a battlepack.

• Like 1

For those selling on Amazon how many returns are you getting? I've been selling on both eBay and Amazon and it seems returns are much more frequent for Amazon.

At the moment, I am amazed that I did not get the return of the AS that guy bought at around $360 just few days before the price dive. By the time he got it delivered, the lowest price on amazon was $230.

Anyway, my volumes for now too low to be indicative. Did not get any returns yet