• Peter Davison (1981 - 1984)
    • Colin Baker (1984 - 1986)
    • Sylvester McCoy (1987 - 1989)
    • Paul McGann (1996)
    • Christopher Eccleston (2005)
    • David Tennant (2005 - 2010)
    • Matt Smith (2010 - 2013)
    • Peter Capaldi (2014 - present)
  2. 2. Would you like to see an official Lego product based on the series?

• Yes
    • No

Since the new series of Doctor Who has already been underway this past month, I have been meaning to ask what others think of this new guy Peter Capaldi? I know there is always a transition period getting used to another person in place of the prior Doctor and so far there have been only three episodes I think which is not much. I'm not sure what to think of him honestly. Now I don't not like him and I am keeping myself open to his portrayal of the Timelord. In any case, I'm sure as more intriguing stories are aired we will have a better grasp of the new Doctor's persona.

Oh right, and here is a fun clip I came across with David Tennant and Matt Smith on The Graham Norton Show answering some "Whovian" questions. ;)

So far I like Capaldi, better than Smith in a lot of ways...

Don't get me wrong, I love Smith, he was my first, but coming back to his early work with the show, only the first and last season with him were actually good. His second season was really below average, and the first wasn't the best I've seen since I've gone back to watch Tenent.

Capaldi is a bit of a loud mouth and somewhat more stern than the previous Doctors, something that has been apart of Doctor Who since the reboot with Eccleston. Which brings back something old and reminds us of nostalgia. I found 'Into the Dalek' to be a very fascinating episode and it is definitely my favourite episode starring Capaldi as of yet.

• 1 year later...
46 minutes ago, CNH1974 said:

Well I hope everyone is enjoying the second Capaldi series, much stronger than the first. 

Anyone know if VIPs will be getting early access to 21304 Tardis set?

I've only caught the first two episodes of this series, but really thought the previous series was top notch.  This makes me excited to keep watching.  (I just have to find the time to catch them).

Man, I would be willing to pay full price for early access.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Normally, I watch Doctor Who day of.  For a long while, before DirecTV had BBC America in HD, I was even watching it prior to airing in the states (very happy to watch it when BBC America airs it now).

Time has just been hard to come by this fall, so I only caught the first two episodes, but haven't watched anything since.  Until tonight.

Twitter and Facebook lit up.  And I saw certain messages.  Nothing spoilery.  But enough to make me realize that something...pivotal was happening tonight.  So, with a gap of 7 episodes, I decided to just go ahead and watch tonight.

UGH.

I won't say anything else.  I don't want to spoil anything. But...UGH.  (And I mean that in the best, most heart wrenching, most Doctor Who way)

• 7 months later...
11 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I started listening to the tenth Doctor Audio Dramas today. It was nice hearing David Tennant be the Doctor again. If I can't have a new Doctor Who episode until Christmas, I'll make do with Big Finish audio dramas. I'll listen to the War Doctor after this.

I really enjoy the Big Finish audios.  That's why Eight is my favorite Doctor.  I really enjoy his character, and you can only really enjoy him via BF.

Oh, to wrap up something I wrote above, I finally got caught up about a month or two ago.

45 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I really enjoy the Big Finish audios.  That's why Eight is my favorite Doctor.  I really enjoy his character, and you can only really enjoy him via BF.

Oh, to wrap up something I wrote above, I finally got caught up about a month or two ago.

I've listened to a large chunk of 8 and 4. I haven't really listened to 5, 6, or 7. I didn't like the other dimensional adventures of 8. I really wanted to get back to the main universe.

1 hour ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I've listened to a large chunk of 8 and 4. I haven't really listened to 5, 6, or 7. I didn't like the other dimensional adventures of 8. I really wanted to get back to the main universe.

That's why I've slowed down on 8.  I'm in the alternate dimension right now.  That, and I'm getting pretty tired of Charley.  I'm ready for a new companion.

1 minute ago, Alpinemaps said:

That's why I've slowed down on 8.  I'm in the alternate dimension right now.  That, and I'm getting pretty tired of Charley.  I'm ready for a new companion.

LOL I didn't say anything in case you liked her and C'Rizz. I got sick of her too and never liked him. I was hoping that the Lucie Miller stories were better, but I was burned out by then. I really like the character of 8 and plan to go back and listen to his later adventures. I'd love it if they got someone who sounded somewhat like Eccleston to do some 9th Doctor audios. We're not getting Chris back, so time to recast, IMO.