10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

TRU.ca (Canada) has stock, limit of 2 and showing a whooping $259.99 CAN :P   

I don't have TH yet...prefer to hold off buying this modular until 2015 but might have to change my plan if stock is drying up.  Who knows how much stock is left...curve ball for sure if it retires before GE and PS (which I don't think).  Still betting GE is done first/'soon'.     

*interesting, PR is OOS at TRU.ca, guess it's very popular or they just have a small inventory currently. 

Edited by weakside

TRU.ca (Canada) has stock, limit of 2 and showing a whooping $259.99 CAN :P   

I don't have TH yet...prefer to hold off buying this modular until 2015 but might have to change my plan if stock is drying up.  Who knows how much stock is left...curve ball for sure if it retires before GE and PS.   

GE is at "call to check" in US and Canada. Townhall on backorder. Would probably still imply that GE is going first.

I think this is more of the Brickpicker effect. They probably didn't make an extra run of TH or PS as they expected people to stock up on the items that have been top sellers for them the last couple months. But with rumors swirling on TH and PS I think we are creating our own appearance of EOL

I think this is more of the Brickpicker effect. They probably didn't make an extra run of TH or PS as they expected people to stock up on the items that have been top sellers for them the last couple months. But with rumors swirling on TH and PS I think we are creating our own appearance of EOL

1. Thou shall buy exclusives to not miss proverbial boat.

2. If stock dries up, thou shall buy such exclusives to not miss proverbial boat

TLC created perfect selling engine...

Out of the current modulars, TH is the building I would least like to build for some reason.  Maybe other can recommend it's a good build/display?  Just doesn't appeal to me but still have to have it.  I have FB, GE, PS built so far...want to buy CP and PR next, holding out hope there's a 3x vip event coming in Nov :) 

Out of the current modulars, TH is the building I would least like to build for some reason. Maybe other can recommend it's a good build/display? Just doesn't appeal to me but still have to have it. I have FB, GE, PS built so far...want to buy CP and PR next, holding out hope there's a 3x vip event coming in Nov :)

That's funny, because TH is the one I want for build the most, then FB.

Out of the current modulars, TH is the building I would least like to build for some reason.  Maybe other can recommend it's a good build/display?  Just doesn't appeal to me but still have to have it.  I have FB, GE, PS built so far...want to buy CP and PR next, holding out hope there's a 3x vip event coming in Nov :)

Town Hall is most impressive in person and is a great build.  You wouldn't be disappointed with it IMO.  I just ordered Parisian the other day to get my modular row back up to capacity with the Detective HQ coming out.  Very much looking forward to building that one.

I refuse to panic buy at TRU.ca with inflated price :P  Staying calm and crossing my fingers it'll come back on LEGO Shop at Home or I'll just head to Discovery Centre for 10% off (if available).   

Huskers1236 and Alpinemaps, the TH does look huge...really towers most of the builds/is the tallest.  I'm sure it'll be impressive and look great on my small Lego street/city.  Looking forward to the announcement of next modular.      

IMO, everyone is overreacting .. wasn't the Batcave retiring few days ago as well?? 

The Batcave went from "call to check availability" to "sold out" and after 33 months of production I would say it's probably gone.  Likely just waiting for the official "retired" status from LEGO.

Edited by zskid00

The Batcave went from "call to check availability" to "sold out" and after 33 months of production I would say it's probably gone. Likely just waiting for the official "retired" status from LEGO.

It is probably bowing out soon. My point was all this speculation is driving up the demand . For GE, PS and TH to all retire in 2014 , the axis of the earth gotta tilt .

I would agree that it's unlikely more than 1 modular is retiring this year.  As we have seen with the months of status change for GE from sold out to backorder to available to call to check, it has been a long process.  Though the SSD, Haunted House, and Sopwith sure didn't hang around for very long once the signs were there.

IMO, everyone is overreacting ..

Everyone except a few. 

This set is not a good seller, low stock @ Lego, And since its 2x vip, their gone. 

I side with logic,  GE is going to be 5 years next March,  PS is at 3.5 years,  TH is at 2.5 years. 

Now your telling me all three will EOL this year............Come on!

Then what will be left PC & PR

First one to go will be GE!

I would agree that it's unlikely more than 1 modular is retiring this year. As we have seen with the months of status change for GE from sold out to backorder to available to call to check, it has been a long process. Though the SSD, Haunted House, and Sopwith sure didn't hang around for very long once the signs were there.

those three came as no surprise, although the HH did disappear over night. I'm thinking T1 will stay till next year at this point.

I refuse to panic buy at TRU.ca with inflated price  :P  Staying calm and crossing my fingers it'll come back on LEGO Shop at Home or I'll just head to Discovery Centre for 10% off (if available).   

Huskers1236 and Alpinemaps, the TH does look huge...really towers most of the builds/is the tallest.  I'm sure it'll be impressive and look great on my small Lego street/city.  Looking forward to the announcement of next modular.      

how do u get 10% off at DC?

Edited by jerryherb