75059 - UCS: Sandcrawler

TheDarkness

Exactly, and I believe that will be very good for those who can make it through the first few years after retirement of our current exclusives mix.  These sets are amazing.  What I also find interesting is when you really think about it any of the big sets that were released late last year will probably be around in 2016-2017 at retail.  This of course assumes everything stays the same at the LEGO group.  I do feel that the current exclusives policy will keep these item volumes in check.  An example is that with one gift card Wa-mart went out of stock on haunted houses.  As long as this policy stays intact I think buying the big sets will be a sure but.  Price point keeps the masses away.

And in regards to the coupon ethics,  "Who walks into a Barnes & Noble and buys a DS "WITHOUT" a Coupon!

The only way they will move a DS is by the Cashier not looking at the fine print. 

Its a win-win!

Not necessarily. 10% member discount might be enticing enough for regular folks. People do buy books there for list price. They might buy death-star, especially if they know there are no other discounts on it anywhere. But having death star as the most expensive item in entire store does make their (B&******) logic questionable.

First and foremost, People must understand the nature of the beast.  

If you want to make money in Legos, You will need the following:

Capital *as with all investments, the more the merrier.*

Time/Patience

Knowing what sets to buy and why.

Storage Space 

& Finally,..... More Patience & More Capital. 

...and luck :)

Not necessarily. 10% member discount might be enticing enough for regular folks. People do buy books there for list price. They might buy death-star, especially if they know there are no other discounts on it anywhere. But having death star as the most expensive item in entire store does make their (B&******) logic questionable.

So, as a member, you get 10% off of everything?  Always?

I though those big exclusive were not eligible for any discounts.

So, as a member, you get 10% off of everything?  Always?

I though those big exclusive were not eligible for any discounts.

Yes. Not sure why Lego did not force to extend exclusion list. but then wouldn't 5% RedCard also have to be having exclusions?

Only the following is not a subject to 10% off in store:

"products or services at BN.com; products or services at any Barnes & Noble College Bookstores or websites; Gift Cards; eGift Cards; digital content (including but not limited to eBooks, digital magazines and periodicals); NOOK or NOOK related accessories; other hardware and electronics; software; downloadable audiobooks in MP3 or any other format; gift-wrapping fees; shipping and handling fees; or Membership fees (new or renewal)."

Are the DS and R2D2 going to be in mid-sized stores (Towns of 150,000 population). I might make the trip in to look, but would think they would stick out behind the counter if they were there. I don't think they were.

I think if you go to service desk at any B&****** store with specific UPC number, they would be able to look up availability using their internal DB (even in other states). But then you would have to call the actual store with reported availability, and double-check with them.

• 2 weeks later...

The good thing for me is, the old one will drop in price.  At least I'll have options, rather than balking at $350 all the time.  :thumbsup:

Excellent point!  This might be the best news for those that missed out on the first.  

t doesn't look bad, but I like the smooth exterior of the old one along with the old Jawas.  Of course, this is just one pic and could turn out to be fabricated.

I wonder how this one (ample side plates) will hold up during play compared to the older one. My son pretty much throws around 10144 without issues. That is due to using many 1x3. 1x2, and 1x3 corner elements,

75059 looks cool though. I like the side elevator / hatch, magnetic cranes, the front door displays the stud side when closed (issue I have with 10144), much larger cockpit, etc... The little junk hauler vehicle is fine. Multiple cranes are good. I hope we have an area for inner access like in 10144 but larger. Attached are some pics I used when selling my spare 10144.

This could be a winner and I'm a huge 10144 fan. I can't wait to build it and take side by side pics like I posited last summer with both both Sail Barge sets.

By the way, I hope they DO NOT add capes to the Jawa figs, by not doing so, it will help 10144 Jawa figs maintain their value.

post-3743-0-71537600-1393697147_thumb.jp