75059 - UCS: Sandcrawler

TheDarkness

I like it but what is getting me is the new UCS logo. I would have expected at least the plaque that has the stats like all the other UCS have. So the question now is, will they keep using that logo for all future UCS sets? AND, now that it actually says UCS on the box and yet doesn't have a number starting with 10???, will there be any more UCS sets that DO start with a 10??? The only other thing i was hoping for that we didn't get is some Tusken Raiders. But maybe there will be a new set for them as well down the line. 

• Like 1

On a more serious note, it is a little odd for Lego to call this an "Ultimate Collector's Series" type of build but then again after looking back at the Super Star Destroyer or even farther with the Millennium Falcon, they each share the same idea of being incredibly detailed perfect for display by hardcore builders while also acting as a playset for those who like actually playing with their Lego. The lack of a plague sticker is probably the strangest discrepancy considering every single UCS set included one such as the Super Star Destroyer unless that feature is just missing from the images and video. I suppose it is not completely perfect but nevertheless, I believe Lego captured everything essential of the original junker from the film with plenty to offer for everyone's tastes.

Anyway, anyone notice how freaky hyperspace travel is?

So i am nervous now and may need to go gangbusters on death stars, as this is more inline with the play version ds even though that one is not a UCS. I may need to sell some other investments and just go ahead and get 10 death stars asap. Well maybe wait until double vip on the first five. Man you guys are good and spotting rumors that turn out to be true.

So i am nervous now and may need to go gangbusters on death stars, as this is more inline with the play version ds even though that one is not a UCS. I may need to sell some other investments and just go ahead and get 10 death stars asap. Well maybe wait until double vip on the first five. Man you guys are good and spotting rumors that turn out to be true.

I still believe there is no reason for Lego to replace 10188 with this. Each set serves diff purposes plus 10188 seems to still be a seller even at the non-discounted $400 price.

I like it a bit more than original picture I saw but this is not a UCS sandcrawler to be.   It seems about the same height as the original to me as well.  Way more playability than the original which will likely make the original tank in value.  Maybe it will grow on me but I don't like the studs on outside comparing it to the original.

Wow, really surprised they slapped a UCS badge on it, but where's the info plaque?  That has always been the standard for UCS sets, above all else.  Nice figure count, but I'm disappointed there's no homestead, I really thought we'd see that at the piece count, but that just means the Sandcrawler is beefier itself than I was thinking it to be.  Really excited and this is a must buy.  I really like all the love that Tatooine is getting with this and the Cantina.

I think this has to rule out one of the other 2 UCS for this year. I very much doubt that they would release 3, I don't think they've ever done that in a calendar year.  So I think either the Slave I is out or the Millennium Falcon is out.  My guess is there is no MF(for 2014 at least), there have been rumors of the Slave I much longer and from better sources.

Whoever is in charge of art design failed miserably with this cover. The reason everyone thinks the set is smaller than it is, is because of how ridiculously narrow the set looks in that cover image. I'm thrilled with the increased focus on the interior, the only thing I am disappointed with is the lack of interior lighting. From the look of some of the teaser images there looked to be some blue lighting inside the Sandcrawler.

I'm surprised this got a UCS badge, I thought this would be lumped in with the other large non-UCS playsets like the Death Star and Ewok Village.

So which will be the Star Wars set that goes? Death Star, ssd, or r2-d2? Based on price point and ucs designation, I would say ssd, but like waddamon said, the play features on this sand crawler make me think the Death Star is on its way out. It just seems like something has to go, especially with another large Star Wars set coming later this year (slave 1 or mf).

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker