75059 - UCS: Sandcrawler

TheDarkness

Hmm - its funny, but I guess I am in the minority. I am a set purist. I don't like to add anything to a set unless I build a second version of it.

I like it to be all original in the way they designed it. I have always been this way, but something the small imperfections make it more real to me.

Yeah, I'm also like The Man Upstairs.

Hmm - its funny, but I guess I am in the minority. I am a set purist. I don't like to add anything to a set unless I build a second version of it.

I like it to be all original in the way they designed it. I have always been this way, but something the small imperfections make it more real to me.

I'm a set purist in the beginning when I first build any set but then afterwards if I feel like it, I will do whatever to make it better in my eyes or just take the whole thing down to create something else I would rather have on display.

I am the same way

I always find myself "improving" the original design with some of the extra pieces that come with the set.

It's really hard to judge from the photo angle, but to me, the main problem with the original sandcrawler was it was way too wide and not tall enough.  It was more of a box than a wedge, so if they can fix the overall shape in a new version I would applaud their efforts.  Still not sure that this pic represents an actual Lego set though, there's a lot of good customs out there...

It's really hard to judge from the photo angle, but to me, the main problem with the original sandcrawler was it was way too wide and not tall enough.  It was more of a box than a wedge, so if they can fix the overall shape in a new version I would applaud their efforts.  Still not sure that this pic represents an actual Lego set though, there's a lot of good customs out there...

The picture, to me, it obviously from the upcoming DK Star Wars Visual Dictionary that is coming out this year.  They all follow the same typeset and general design with pointing out features and having the little information bubble at the bottom right that you can see.  What I want to know is what else comes with it.  If the rumored price and piece count is to be believed, there is:

1: More to the set, i.e. homestead/bantha/younameyourwishhere

2: Power Functions

or

3: Insane amount of figures

I hope for all three. :twitch:

So the real question is, that if this is true and we already have the ewok village, what is being replaced.  Will the announced retirement be before, after, or at the same time.  I do not have a sand crawler and will be buying this one to build as well as the imperial star destroyer.

So the real question is, that if this is true and we already have the ewok village, what is being replaced.  Will the announced retirement be before, after, or at the same time.  I do not have a sand crawler and will be buying this one to build as well as the imperial star destroyer.

Death Star, Death Star, Death Star, Death Star! I think think that the new sand crawler will replace the death star once and for all! It needs to retire at some point.

I don't assume Sandpeople and Banthas will be part of this set since Jawas don't have much to do with them at least according the films. Who knows...

Including Luke's homestead does make sense. Maybe through in Aunt Beru (holding a blue cup - ha) along with many droids and moisture vaporaters. Since we're are getting a refreshed Cantina with a Landspeeder, including the above mentioned what pretty much complete a Tatoonie theme much like we had with the recent Jabba sets.

With regards to what set 75059 will replace, why replace any if they are selling?. 10188 seems to be still selling. The Ewok Village seems to be popular enough. I assume the SSD 10221 is a probability although it's been in both 2014 catalogues. I have no idea about the R2D2 set as that also seems to be popular still. Maybe Lego will start retiring non-Star Wars long in the tooth items. Additionally, it appears that lack of discounts at online retail web sites might be pushing people to buy more of these expensive sets at Lego online and their stores so maybe this will factor in on what sets get retired...

I've said it in other threads, I just don't think anything HAS to get retired. It would make sense in general, yeah, but the average Lego store I've been to doesn't even carry all of the exclusives/UCS/big box sets at the same time to begin with. They could make the Death Star an online only item and sell it for years.

I am rooting against this of course.

I remember seeing that as a Cuusoo project. It got 10,000 supporters, but got rejected in the review stage, most likely due to another Sandcrawler coming out soon.

Or lego simply did this equation.... 10,000 x $299... go on then have yourselves a sandcrawler.