10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

On 19. 11. 2017 at 8:56 PM, TabbyBoy said:

I've heard of people who have bought Pet Shops from the CZ outlet with some "inside help" and paid around £50 each for them, under half RRP. No wonder some are still being sold off cheap, it's called... er... um... competition? I paid close to RRP for mine and happy to sell at a small loss to get rid and the money that I've had back from them has already gone on to greater things. Modulars are done I think unless you find a bargain.

Thats what I was talking in lenght about }CZ Kladno) .. there are cca 2200 ppl working nowadays, each entitlted to cca 1.000 GBP credit per year from which they can purchase in the factory shop ANYTHING.. ANY SET that is there - being it exclusive or standard City for just 50 % ..  .. so if everybody was to use this incentive in full, given the math. it would be 2.2 mllion GBP discounted on exclusives each year.. :)     to my knowledge not everybody is doing that and not everyone up to max, but I guess 60 % of the ppl have a great business

Edited by crayxlp
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

So I was reviewing values of retired modulars, and all of them seem to have an annual growth in the neighborhood of 20-30%, except for the Pet Shop.  I was curious as to why that might be.  I’m guessing due to the long lifespan?  Are there other factors?

Please forgive me if I’m asking a dumb question.  New to this whole LEGO investing scene.

Thanks!

Edited by Gantoris
Removed website name

On 10/19/2020 at 9:11 AM, Gantoris said:

So I was reviewing values of retired modulars, and all of them seem to have an annual growth in the neighborhood of 20-30%, except for the Pet Shop.  I was curious as to why that might be.  I’m guessing due to the long lifespan?  Are there other factors?

Please forgive me if I’m asking a dumb question.  New to this whole LEGO investing scene.

Thanks!

Long life spam and Lego churned out seemingly millions of them. This retired at the peak of Lego investing. More recent modulars like DO and PR were less hoarded, as an indirect result of too many people getting burned by the dreaded Pet Shop.