10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

I built this set this weekend.  I really enjoyed the entire build and the end result.  Having additional building attached makes my GE look even better.

I think I enjoyed this build more than the GE.  it was nice to work with a lot of colors and the floors were not quite as repetitive.  That is not to say that the GE is not an impressive build though. :)

I will post some pictures soon. 

• 2 weeks later...

It is Out of stock, expected ship date 15 Sep 2014 at shop.lego.com in the US.

So they can only ship it next week. That is not a big deal. Lego only has so much production capacity and we are heading towards Christmas.

The fact that Amazon it OOS as well is more disturbing, but Target still has them, and next week it might be widely available again and we only hear something of this thread again once the GE retires.

It is Out of stock, expected ship date 15 Sep 2014 at shop.lego.com in the US. If the Pet Shop goes quickly in the next few months, this will be a big winner. I only have about half the stock I desire.

This is an old set, so LEGO certainly produce less of this compared to the Parisian restaurant.

IMO it only means... well, nothing except that it's an old set.  :)

Interestingly, Pet Shop is still Limit 5 at LEGO Shop at Home, while Town Hall is Limit 2.  Make of that what you will.  On a happy note, there's no limit at all on Parisian Restaurant.  Just to be safe, I called Lego and asked if it was a trap for resellers, but the nice lady on the phone assured me it most definitely was not.  So I placed my order for 99 sets right then and there.  In a couple years, I'm gonna be rich!

• Like 2

Interestingly, Pet Shop is still Limit 5 at LEGO Shop at Home, while Town Hall is Limit 2.  Make of that what you will.  On a happy note, there's no limit at all on Parisian Restaurant.  Just to be safe, I called Lego and asked if it was a trap for resellers, but the nice lady on the phone assured me it most definitely was not.  So I placed my order for 99 sets right then and there.  In a couple years, I'm gonna be rich!

Yes but did the rep sound like this:

star-wars-admiral-ackbar-it-s-a-trap-t-s

• 2 weeks later...

Not that I am worried, but Target raised their price on the PS to $209.99.  This is not as high as the GE, but it does match Amazon's current listed price.  A high price on Target seems to indicate unusual inventory fluctuations, but hasn't been confirmed to precede retirement.

The number of large exclusive sets is over 25 right now.  I don't think Lego has ever had close to that many in production before this year.  There will probably be some surprise retirements yet this year.  A four year production run of Modulars may not be the new normal.

• 2 weeks later...