10235 - Winter Village Market

Huskers1236

Now I'm no seasonal aficionado, but I managed to purchase this set from a local department store on Wednesday. It was 20% off retail too, which works out to be 120 AUD, equivalent to (84 USD ATM. I got the last one, I would have bought more if I could have. I know that this set is/has been EOL for a while. I remember I saw some for sale for RRP at another smaller retailer about 3 months ago. I'm surprised that this one has popped up, but maybe this is the last hurrah for it at major Australian retail outlets. Seal code on mine is 34S4, so it is definitely old stock.

Could anyone kindly tell me when this set officially retired? 

Aussie CAGR over RRP on this one is approx 10-25% according to sold listings on ebay. I wonder if this slow rise has been because of excess stock, even though it seemed freakish that the store I bought it from had it, since the other smaller retailer hasn't had a restock. I hope it doesn't reappear again now that I'm invested in one.

Aussie CAGR over RRP on this one is approx 10-25% according to sold listings on ebay. I wonder if this slow rise has been because of excess stock, even though it seemed freakish that the store I bought it from had it, since the other smaller retailer hasn't had a restock. I hope it doesn't reappear again now that I'm invested in one.

Late 2014 sold out, officially retired early 2015.

• Like 1

Now I'm no seasonal aficionado, but I managed to purchase this set from a local department store on Wednesday. It was 20% off retail too, which works out to be 120 AUD, equivalent to (84 USD ATM. I got the last one, I would have bought more if I could have. I know that this set is/has been EOL for a while. I remember I saw some for sale for RRP at another smaller retailer about 3 months ago. I'm surprised that this one has popped up, but maybe this is the last hurrah for it at major Australian retail outlets. Seal code on mine is 34S4, so it is definitely old stock.

DJ had a few left which were quickly snapped up. TW normally have them but you will be looking at RRP for them. 

This set will be a steady rise as it wasn't hugely popular, however since the re-run of the Toy Shop it may see a boost. 

DJ had a few left which were quickly snapped up. TW normally have them but you will be looking at RRP for them. 

This set will be a steady rise as it wasn't hugely popular, however since the re-run of the Toy Shop it may see a boost. 

Really? Why wasn't it popular? Personally, I find this set to be stunning, with a faint aura of Grand Caroussel moreover, I don't understand by what standards is SW superior.

Right now I'm considering if I should get a second one at 100€ (already have one to build).  Any thoughts?

Really? Why wasn't it popular? Personally, I find this set to be stunning, with a faint aura of Grand Caroussel moreover, I don't understand by what standards is SW superior.

Right now I'm considering if I should get a second one at 100€ (already have one to build).  Any thoughts?

It was often seen as the disjointed child of the Winter Village theme (which is separate to SW). It was often critiqued as being a mishmash of promotional polybags.

Don't get me wrong, I also like the allure of this set, but it isn't everyone's cup of tea.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

For some reason I thought this one got a lot of negative press but that doesn't seem to be the case here.  Looking at the UK prices and whilst not steller if you picked this up at a small discount (even if thats just VIP points) its turning out a 30% return after a year a half which aint that bad.

Nice little set IMO...ok maybe not quite in the same league as the others when it comes to setting out a winter scene but its grown on me quite a lot.  Heck you could even replace the larger white plates everything is built on with green and you've got a summer/fall village mkt :)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, GiliusThunderhead said:

For some reason I thought this one got a lot of negative press but that doesn't seem to be the case here.  Looking at the UK prices and whilst not steller if you picked this up at a small discount (even if thats just VIP points) its turning out a 30% return after a year a half which aint that bad.

Nice little set IMO...ok maybe not quite in the same league as the others when it comes to setting out a winter scene but its grown on me quite a lot.  Heck you could even replace the larger white plates everything is built on with green and you've got a summer/fall village mkt :)

The bad press was because it was the first winter set to be all minibuilds, instead of one big build with a couple of minibuilds.  I like the set though. 

• 1 year later...