10235 - Winter Village Market

Huskers1236

They're still available in stores in the U.S. because of the new policy after Christmas 2012 - no discounting exclusives. The store near me still has dozens, but they would not if they would have been able to discount them. And the theme isn't going anywhere. I think we'll get Santa's Workshop this year.

I think these sets must have sold much better this year, everything ordered in the u.k from the online shop comes from Holland so we are talking Europe wide.  I think the theme is only really starting to take off so I have no doubt it will continue.  The theme kinda flew under the radar, unless you search everything on the lego website or read every page and indeed are subscribed to the catalogue, it was hard to know the theme actually existed and the terms, eg, it is seasonal.

10229 is still SOLD OUT on LEGO Shop at Home Usa and if you search for 10229, the system show the 10216 and 10222

on LEGO Shop at Home Italy or UK very different situation: 10229 and 10235 RETIRED...10216 and 10222 doesn't exist anymore

I think that if lego say that is RETIRED, that set never appear anymore...hopefully

Amazon.com restocked this. Their Inventory is now up to 991 units available. Buy any amount. Late last week, they had 7xx units.

Target.com also now has them in-stock with an 8 max buy limit.

How do you see how many units Amazon.com has in their inventory?

Another thing about this set is that it may be the only winter set still available in March. All the previous years were either sold out or on clearance in January.

You're right there. A winter set has never lasted this long in to the new year before. It's the middle of March and they are still easily found. I think changes in policy are partly to blame but I also feel this set didn't sell well. I have heard a from a few people that collect the winter sets say this is their least favorite.

They're still available in stores in the U.S. because of the new policy after Christmas 2012 - no discounting exclusives. The store near me still has dozens, but they would not if they would have been able to discount them. And the theme isn't going anywhere. I think we'll get Santa's Workshop this year.

I would love to see Santa's Workshop this year.  That would go great with these sets.

I think it's been a mix this year - no discounting of this set, along with the concept - although I liked the different stands (it was a fresh, novel approach), I'm sure most people prefer to have one big building.  (I prefer one building).

• 3 weeks later...

I wish I could help you on this one Biniou. I can have one or two at -15% RRP as well. But I just cannot force myself to buy them. I bought one a couple of weeks ago and I think there might be better sets to invest in? I have to prioritize where to invest in. I like the looks of the set. My wife loves it. Wondering if it will come back for Xmas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...