My order status

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 6:26 PM, dcdfan said:

Supposedly, I have 1 order coming. Every other order has been canceled & since I decided to add the Chicken Suit Guy to every order. A ton of boxes, yes, boxes showed up with 1 item in each box. Not the CSG though, instead they decided that I need a bunch of Series 16 minifigures instead. CSG would be great in a box. The one that did arrive as the CSG came in a mailer! WTF is wrong with TRU! I do hate these people. I have way too many issues with them. I barely have any issues with other retailers. BTW, I am fully aware that they've charged me $2.00 more for each of these misships. I guess they wanted me to pay for these boxes. I nominate TRU as the worst retailer ever.

TRU is by far the most incompetent out of Target, Wal-Mart, Amazon, the shady looking guy in the trench coat hanging out in the TRU parking lot...

My own latest experience with TRU awesomeness:

Drove to a TRU store to return an online order.  Because when I return items by mail, I only receive credit 50% of the time.  Seriously.  So anyway, I drive down there to return two out of four BOGO items (all four items were identical).  TRU helpfully refunds the two BOGO priced items, leaving me with only two full price items.  Sweet.  So I'll be returning those later.  Anyway, I get a receipt and head home after confirming that absolutely nothing interesting is on sale in the store, and most items are MSRP + 10%.  Two weeks later...  Still no credit on my credit card.  Time to call and begin the "dance" with TRU "customer service".  I think my current policy of only buying at TRU if an item is at least 10% cheaper than elsewhere is inadequate compensation for pain and suffering.  I'm adopting a 20% mandatory TRU discount going forward.  Hopefully this means I'll just never order from them again.

• Like 3

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally received my 75086 Battle Droid Troop Carriers that had been back-ordered from the big TRU sale a couple of weeks ago.  Well-packaged and all in mint condition.  Overall all of my TRU orders have been received now, and only the Architecture boxes had creasing or damage.  

I have actually had great experiences with TRU in my neck of the woods.  One time I ordered a Tower of Orthanc when they were coming in and out of stock in February after retirement and it was bashed and smashed when I received it.  I took it back to my local store and showed the Lego manager the condition of the box and mentioned that they were out of stock and I couldn't exchange it for a better box, so he offered to just refund $100 of the purchase price.  

• Like 1

Anyone have any advice for dealing with TRU?  I have an order from which I returned a few items in store, received a receipt, and never got credited to my credit card.  This was two weeks ago.  When I call the store, they swear everything's swell.  When I call the national 800 number, they swear I never returned anything.

And I am still trying to get a FedEx label by email to return a bunch of sets that should have been something else.  I have called five times about this.  Last time I heard, "Oh the representative you spoke with yesterday closed the request.  She shouldn't have done that."  And still nothing.  I'm just about to the point of filing credit card disputes.  With Toys Freakin R Us.  This is truly absurd.

3 hours ago, GhostDad said:

Anyone have any advice for dealing with TRU?  I have an order from which I returned a few items in store, received a receipt, and never got credited to my credit card.  This was two weeks ago.  When I call the store, they swear everything's swell.  When I call the national 800 number, they swear I never returned anything.

And I am still trying to get a FedEx label by email to return a bunch of sets that should have been something else.  I have called five times about this.  Last time I heard, "Oh the representative you spoke with yesterday closed the request.  She shouldn't have done that."  And still nothing.  I'm just about to the point of filing credit card disputes.  With Toys Freakin R Us.  This is truly absurd.

I hear @TabbyBoy might have some advice for you ..... <duck>

• Like 1

TRU has been hit and miss for me this year. I ordered 2 Ferrari trucks and they sent me only 1. Not to mention the one they did send me had scotch tape over the seals on one end.

On a separate order I purchased 4 Battle Droid Carriers and only received 1.

One of my orders with a gift card from 12/9 was partially cancelled and they still haven't refunded the $77 I'm owed back on my gift card. I contacted them and they opened a case but who knows how long it will be before they get me my money back.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

One of my orders with a gift card from 12/9 was partially cancelled and they still haven't refunded the $77 I'm owed back on my gift card. I contacted them and they opened a case but who knows how long it will be before they get me my money back.

I have 4 case number for the same matter that keep looping with no answer. they told me to e-mail TRU at the end and i will get the answer within 2 weeks ....  

I end up calling my credit card to dispute . i have no time to deal with them anymore.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LegoEdison said:

I have 4 case number for the same matter that keep looping with no answer. they told me to e-mail TRU at the end and i will get the answer within 2 weeks ....  

I end up calling my credit card to dispute . i have no time to deal with them anymore.

I also got burned on the 12/9 sale (even though it was partially my fault for transposing two number son my CC security code). 

After I got my CC info corected, like several others, a bunch of items from my order were canceled. I paid using a combination of points, gifts cards & my TRU CC. Two weeks after the order and over a week since the last item was canceled the money from my canceled orders is completely unaccounted for. Trying to deal with TRU customer support has been a nightmare in every aspect.

Contrast that with Amazon, who earlier today removed an unfair customer feedback review almost instantly after I opened the case - it was resolved without questions, and happened so fast that I almost have to think they have it automated. I know Amazon can cause headaches too, but I was struck today by the drastically different experience in dealing with these two companies. It cannot be that hard to get a system in place that can accurately track up to the second stock. The fact that they so frequently have these issues in this day and age is mind boggling.

13 hours ago, GhostDad said:

Call your credit card company and do a chargeback for that charge.  If you returned the item, they should have refunded the money.  If they didn't refund the money, your credit card company will.