My order status

13 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

Well then. I'll try scaling back my GC purchasing. It has been a nice run for sure, but if the risks are as great as what y'all are saying then it's probably not worth the extra savings.

its all about the risk vs. rewards. and if you are able to manage well. its definitely worth it. 

but it wasn't in my case. time it takes to fix when something screws up is well too much. and as

B-A, noted its not only the $ lost. sometimes depending on retailer GC has been a reason for ban.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I'm not sure how much KMart is willing to apply bans (personally haven't heard of any KMart bans) but the above info are just good warnings to keep in mind when buying/using GCs bought from secondary marketplaces such as Raise, Cardpool, CardCash etc. That way, should you ever get banned, you at least knew it could happen and hopefully planned an alternate strategy in advance. That said, with where Sears/KMart are heading, I doubt you'll have to worry about bans in 2018.

going to repeat it again.. if you haven't heard then i have been banned by KMART; SEARS. can't order anything online with them.

they were the very first one to ban me :) for that matter and that ban was most likely because i returned boat load of 76004 which was sent in place of 6866 :) so it was a while back circa 2013->2014

Edited by newbie77

Just now, newbie77 said:

going to repeat it again.. if you haven't heard then i have been banned by KMART; SEARS. can't order anything online.

they were the very first one to ban me :) for that matter and that ban was most likely because i returned boat load of 76004 which was sent in place of 6866 :) so it was a while back circa 2013->2014

Didn't hear that. Sorry man :) Now, 2013 was in a complete different universe for KMart ..... unless they were already plying folks with 100% back in points offers left and right in those days as well, I assume they had a little more ground left under their feet. Right now, with Sears Holdings losing $0.8B on a quarterly basis, I assume they'll try to avoid alienating their last few customers .....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Didn't hear that. Sorry man :) Now, 2013 was in a complete different universe for KMart ..... unless they were already plying folks with 100% back in points offers left and right in those days as well, I assume they had a little more ground left under their feet. Right now, with Sears Holdings losing $0.8B on a quarterly basis, I assume they'll try to avoid alienating their last few customers .....

those days that gravy was even thicker :) ... coupons used to stack with points :D. 20% points back on lego purchases+ 10000 points back on $50+ purchase and $10 off $50 purchase. literally after spending $200 you would never be spending effective $ again. with the points banked you could rotate each and every purchases.

i remember that x-mas all those diamond jewelry for  graduating nieces and females in the houses were said to be paid by points... :D  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

those days that gravy was even thicker :) ... coupons used to stack with points :D. 20% points back on lego purchases+ 10000 points back on $50+ purchase and $10 off $50 purchase. literally after spending $200 you would never be spending effective $ again. with the points banked you could rotate each and every purchases.

i remember that x-mas all those diamond jewelry for  graduating nieces and females in the houses were said to be paid by points... :D  

I got a whiff of that when I started my KMart shopping, could that be so? Start of 2016 .... I recall being able to stack surprise points with coupons, but only during my very first orders. Or maybe I was just too n00bish to have noticed the correct stacking.

If I haven't been banned by Kmart yet, I don't think it's possible as I've used every SYW/Giftcard trick in the book. That said, I've never returned a bunch of items to them before. They do occasionally send me the wrong stuff but at 50-60% off and points back, keeping whatever rando they send me is only a minor hassle... except for the time they sent me three of these in place of my Hot Dog Vans.

prod_1553500612.jpg

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, pete411 said:

If I haven't been banned by Kmart yet, I don't think it's possible as I've used every SYW/Giftcard trick in the book. That said, I've never returned a bunch of items to them before. They do occasionally send me the wrong stuff but at 50-60% off and points back, keeping whatever rando they send me is only a minor hassle... except for the time they sent me three of these in place of my Hot Dog Vans.

prod_1553500612.jpg

lets see. @pete411

[ today 2017.01.09 ]

kmart lists Lego 76039 for [even though its MSRP is 19,99] $24,99. you order 100 of them.

they send you 50 of 76036 [ its MSRP is $12,99 ] and

another 50 of 76030 [ its MSRP is 19,99 ] 

lets see how many of each will you keep. and don't return. 

i doubt that you will even keep 1 of them.

• Like 1

My first ban!  I feel all grown up now.

Finally got the TRU online ban as well.  Verified with a distinctly non-LEGO purchase attempt.  Testing the fence for weaknesses now.

Must have been due to me returning the security spider wraps to the store.

BTW, here's how that conversation went:

Me: "I'm returning this set because all the seals are popped and secured with scotch tape that didn't even stay shut through shipping."

Local CS: "I doubt that.  We're not supposed to ship out items that have been returned.  It's against corporate policy.  Our store would never do that!"

Me: "Well, this set is being returned because it's the wrong item.  I was shipped a LEGO set that's not even due to hit the shelves until Jan 1st, but I guess because they figured it cost as much as Livi's house, that they could substitute it.  And since it isn't Jan 1st yet, I couldn't possibly be pulling anything."

Local CS: "I'm not sure how we're supposed to process that since it isn't the same item.  I guess I'll scan the one that's opened."

Me: "And while I've got you, I was shipped three sets with spider wraps on them.  I destroyed one of the wraps trying to get it off, but I have the other two in my truck if you want them back."

Local CS: "Now I believe that.  You can bring them in.  We wouldn't do that.  I know because my husband handles the online orders for our store."

Me: "If I bring them in, it's going to set off the alarms, and if they are the triple-alarm types, which I believe they are, they have their own alarms that will sound and you won't be able to turn them off easily.  How about you send one of your lost prevention folks out with me so they can deal with them."

Later after I complete my purchase and have one of the LP people come out with me and hand them the spiders, "Ooohh!  These are new models.  We don't have any of these!"

I really hope TRU goes public again.  I need to buy some put options and quick flip their stock :)

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, TheBrickClique said:

Well, the fence is pretty weak. Already got an order confirmation. 

Some genius from web order fulfillment must have gotten a promotion to the reseller detection office. 

did you use the same name and phone number too?

My rewards info had a third email but has the phone number associated with the banned account. 

Since the test order went through, I wanted to be a bit more bold. I created a new rewards # and assigned it to the banned account. I then assigned the old rewards # to the new account so I wouldn't have to enter it at checkout. I also removed the middle initial and changed the phone number to match the banned account. It is literally an exact duplicate in all aspects except the email the account is built upon -- which you cannot change.  I guess if you ever need to change email addresses, you have to create a new account. 

Anyways, trying a new order with this info. If it goes through, then Amazon they are not :)

28 minutes ago, TheBrickClique said:

Anyways, trying a new order with this info. If it goes through, then Amazon they are not :)

Amazon you will need to move states, legally change your name, get a sex change, and then cross your fingers.

Good luck on your TRU endeavors. I have not hit them up hard since the days of B1G1 50% off emerald nights in 2011. Back then retailers were falling over themselves to get reseller business. How times have changed.

TRU confirmed second order.

So, seems you can create a new account under a different email, use all of your previous profile info, and order away.

The rewards can only be fixed to one account.  So create a throwaway rewards account, attach it to the banned account and use the old number on the new account.

Who knows. Maybe they periodically check your profile info against banned accounts or have a list of names, addresses, cc#'s etc. that they run accounts against and ban again, but it doesn't appear to be automatic and email accounts are cheap...

By the time they get the knack for banning accounts, they might be out of business anyways...

Anyways, ten 75912's expected to ship soon. 

So I ordered 2 white houses and a book from B&N ebay.  According to ebay, the book and the white houses have the same tracking number.  The book was delivered but not the Lego sets.  Looking up the tracking number, both say out for delivery.  Could someone explain this to me?  Did they screw up the tracking numbers and not supply the correct one for the Lego sets? The book was obviously sent separate because it was wrapped in its own container with the tracking number. 

41 minutes ago, stackables said:

So I ordered 2 white houses and a book from B&N ebay.  According to ebay, the book and the white houses have the same tracking number.  The book was delivered but not the Lego sets.  Looking up the tracking number, both say out for delivery.  Could someone explain this to me?  Did they screw up the tracking numbers and not supply the correct one for the Lego sets? The book was obviously sent separate because it was wrapped in its own container with the tracking number. 

Do you have the weight and dimensions for this tracking number? If it is clear that the box could have never held both a book and the 2 LEGO sets, then it sounds to me like you have a clear case to go and argue with B&N CS.

3 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Do you have the weight and dimensions for this tracking number? If it is clear that the box could have never held both a book and the 2 LEGO sets, then it sounds to me like you have a clear case to go and argue with B&N CS.

Do tracking numbers usually provide that info?  The tracking number just says first class package service.  Label is on the book container.  Do I go through B&N site your contact them through ebay?  I have a feeling I am going to be left with a $4 book I don't want and no white houses.

1 minute ago, stackables said:

Do tracking numbers usually provide that info?  The tracking number just says first class package service.  Label is on the book container.  Do I go through B&N site your contact them through ebay?  I have a feeling I am going to be left with a $4 book I don't want and no white houses.

First class package is up to 16oz, correct? I bet you that book, plus two WHs, plus box, weigh more than 1lbs. Heck, White House alone weighs almost 700g (~1.4lbs). Sounds like an easy argument to have with CS. Of course, I'd first call to check if there is perhaps a mistake and a second package is on its way. If you get into trouble, I'd use the facts I just mentioned to show them there is a problem and you are not lying.

1 minute ago, Phil B said:

First class package is up to 16oz, correct? I bet you that book, plus two WHs, plus box, weigh more than 1lbs. Heck, White House alone weighs almost 700g (~1.4lbs). Sounds like an easy argument to have with CS. Of course, I'd first call to check if there is perhaps a mistake and a second package is on its way. If you get into trouble, I'd use the facts I just mentioned to show them there is a problem and you are not lying.

So do I go through B&N site? Would they have information on the order since I don't have an order number?  Never dealt with a situation like this.

1 minute ago, stackables said:

So do I go through B&N site? Would they have information on the order since I don't have an order number?  Never dealt with a situation like this.

Oops, I missed the B&N Ebay part. I'd go EBay first, but perhaps wait a few days to see if the WHs show up. If it was really just a mistake and the second package's tracking number exists but has accidentally been overwritten by the first one for the book, the WHs might still show up. You always have Paypal buyer protection to go through as well.

31 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Oops, I missed the B&N Ebay part. I'd go EBay first, but perhaps wait a few days to see if the WHs show up. If it was really just a mistake and the second package's tracking number exists but has accidentally been overwritten by the first one for the book, the WHs might still show up. You always have Paypal buyer protection to go through as well.

Okay, thanks for the help.  I will send b&n ebay a message.  Would actually like to talk to a live person and not wait for an email response but that looks like my only option.  Of course both items say delivered now.  The book weighs about 14 oz by itself so obviously they couldn't have been shipped together.  I initially thought the mailman just forgot another package but I also had a couple other items show up.  I assume they were sent separately and hoping they just screwed up and didn't give me 2 separate tracking numbers.  Fingers crossed :)

**Update**  Well they already got back to me and indeed the 2 sets are each being shipped separately via UPS.  The CS said to expect 2 more packages. Hopefully they arrive in good condition.  These are my first architect sets.

Edited by stackables

Okay, thanks for the help.  I will send b&n ebay a message.  Would actually like to talk to a live person and not wait for an email response but that looks like my only option.  Of course both items say delivered now.  The book weighs about 14 oz by itself so obviously they couldn't have been shipped together.  I initially thought the mailman just forgot another package but I also had a couple other items show up.  I assume they were sent separately and hoping they just screwed up and didn't give me 2 separate tracking numbers.  Fingers crossed NewEmoticons_happy.png

**Update**  Well they already got back to me and indeed the 2 sets are each being shipped separately via UPS.  The CS said to expect 2 more packages. Hopefully they arrive in good condition.  These are my first architect sets.

Hey, wow. Sounds like exact same has happened to my order: 1 Big Ben, 2 White House. All have same tracking # and say delivered yesterday.

Big Ben came in book wrap style box, label says 1 of 1, 1lb. Obviously 1lb is way too low for all 3.

I skimmed the exchange here so I'll have to read back. I sent eBay "item not received" ticket about an hour ago.

I'll update here if I learn more.

21 minutes ago, Cozei said:

Hey, wow. Sounds like exact same has happened to my order: 1 Big Ben, 2 White House. All have same tracking # and say delivered yesterday.

Big Ben came in book wrap style box, label says 1 of 1, 1lb. Obviously 1lb is way too low for all 3.

I skimmed the exchange here so I'll have to read back. I sent eBay "item not received" ticket about an hour ago.

I'll update here if I learn more.

Have you received any of the items yet?  Big Ben came in a book wrap?  Is this not a lego set?

Have you received any of the items yet?  Big Ben came in a book wrap?  Is this not a lego set?

Received just the Big Ben architecture Lego set (small one). Was just saying that the "box" was a book wrap style where the cardboard wraps around object as opposed to a cube items are dropped into. Not that important to main issue (missing 2 White House sets).

As I mentioned eBay tracking has all 3 with 1 tracking number and says delivered for all items. The label on the Big Ben package said: 1 of 1 and 1lb as weight.