My order status

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/4/2019 at 7:28 AM, Ed Mack said:

Just got a LEGO set in a book box from Barnes and Noble....Crushed by packer to fit.  

Just got one yesterday in a book box. All other boxes (and there are several for my $200ish order...so far...with dozens to come...based on my emails I'm mostly getting shipments with one set each). 

On 1/5/2019 at 1:42 PM, minicoopers11 said:

Just got one yesterday in a book box. All other boxes (and there are several for my $200ish order...so far...with dozens to come...based on my emails I'm mostly getting shipments with one set each). 

Multiple orders came crushed from B&N.  Awful.  

5 minutes ago, SageFly said:

Walmart is still canceling my online orders. Placed an order for 5x Destiny's bounty and had them all cancelled today. I thought this would be over after the holidays.

They even cancel single orders.

Placed an order with Target for some of the new Speed Champions sets at 20% off. Used a $15 GC and selected "In Store Pickup". Of course all those got cancelled, but I didn't get my GC back to place another order. CS investigated and manually sent me a $15 GC so I could order the sets for shipping. Next day I get my $15 GC from the cancellation, so I called CS and they told me to just keep the GC. Nice gesture.

Today my order arrives, and instead of 75892 Senna they have shipped me 75890 F40. Order and packing slip indicate 75892, but the actual box in the shipment is 75890. Called CS again, and they are shipping me a new 75892, and told me to keep 75890.

Not a bad deal :)

UPDATE: Looking at my order history, it looks like they even refunded my original purchase of 75892. So I received the F40, the Senna and the Mini doublepack, combined MSRP $80, for $40 (minus the $15 GC I used which was free), with a $15 GC to boot. $25 OOP plus $15 for a future purchase.

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, yukmeez said:

Had a few orders with Walmart that sat for a day then cancelled.

Pardon my ignorance, but what happens if you complete a purchase with a Walmart gift card? They claim it is payment issue...

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

It's not a payment issue, it means you've been flagged as a reseller.  Was on the phone with them for almost an hour today. The lady even admitted that it's not a policy that's really spelled out but they have an agreement with LEGO that they won't allow any resellers to buy online.  They are looking into getting my block taken off and allow me to buy single sets. 

7 hours ago, NIevo said:

It's not a payment issue, it means you've been flagged as a reseller.  Was on the phone with them for almost an hour today. The lady even admitted that it's not a policy that's really spelled out but they have an agreement with LEGO that they won't allow any resellers to buy online.  They are looking into getting my block taken off and allow me to buy single sets. 

I have always wondered how long Walmart would be able to get a pass from Lego.  The Lego terms and conditions are pretty clear that their authorized dealers are not allowed to sell product to resellers.  With Walmart accepting tax exemptions and allowing bulk orders, they were clearly operating in violation of that.  I'd be curious to know what the behind the scenes discussions between the two companies were like.

Hope they realize unsold product will lead to liquidation which leads to much lower prices on their product and right back into the hands of resellers.  

Not like Walmart to give in to what amounts to a smaller vendor either.  

Something will change or LEGO sales will continue to plummet for them online.  

Good for the stores I suppose. Spent a lot more in-store than I ever have.  Not just LEGO either. 

47 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Single shipments from Shopko are coming in individual boxes so far 

lol boxes - what the heck are those when ur goin' bankrupt.

7x Rapunzel duplo replacements for smooshed sets previously sent individually in polybag mailers arrived from shopko.

2 of them were doc mcstuffins backyard clinic...  ehh - whatever - i'm ok with it.  at least this time they sent them 7 items in 2 boxes instead of individually.

IMG_1228.thumb.jpg.0951c5703d43f0b42b6a289de8bb16cb.jpg

Edited by cladner

I set up a new WM account with a new CC and new shipping address. Shut down after 2 orders. I guess that gravy train is dead.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

I think the logging and tracking algorithms have made leaps and bounds in the past 3 years. I used to be able to access WaPo for free through a paid for VPN, yet that loop hole was plugged six months ago. I have no idea how they are tracking or logging usage at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

4 hours ago, redcell said:

I set up a new WM account with a new CC and new shipping address. Shut down after 2 orders. I guess that gravy train is dead.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

do you think its because they tracked you back to your original account or is it that any account with x amount of lego sets gets shut down 

I think WMT is using a velocity tracker to throttle/ban accounts:  # dollars / time window

I was fine up until the UCS MF sale, which went through.  After that, all orders were cancelled for a few weeks.  I placed a small order (2 items, $80) last week, and it went through.  I'm guessing $100-$200/week is roughly where the threshold is.

I'm sure they are also doing a better job at connecting customer profiles. They probably have a better system to connect your in-store purchases with online - credit card matching etc.

In addition to that, AI etc has also made it easier to make connections for 'new accounts' to old accounts based on specific profile data. I'm thinking beyond credit card, street address & IP. They're likely running algorithms to find similarities to connect your profiles.