My order status

1 hour ago, cladner said:

yes.  still working as of 2 hours ago. 

i place an order.  i wait for the notification that its ready to be picked up.  i place another order. 

i never place a second order until i have received the previous order is ready for pickup even if it is at a different store.

i only place orders during regular store hours or 1-2 overnight orders.  i don't want 10x orders waiting first thing in the morning.  

i try not to have more than 5 orders waiting any one time at a store but have had on occasion 8 items.

i have been placing between 4-9 orders a day now for last 8 days and so far its working.  everything is going on the red card to get the 5%.

i still have not yet once attempted a straight up shipping order since last time that happened and it got cancelled, i was unable to get instore orders to go through.

sort of a pitfa but most targets are finally getting organized for holidays so pickup is getting quicker.

That is way to much effort for me

• Like 1

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes.  still working as of 2 hours ago. 

i place an order.  i wait for the notification that its ready to be picked up.  i place another order. 

i never place a second order until i have received the previous order is ready for pickup even if it is at a different store.

i only place orders during regular store hours or 1-2 overnight orders.  i don't want 10x orders waiting first thing in the morning.  

i try not to have more than 5 orders waiting any one time at a store but have had on occasion 8 items.

i have been placing between 4-9 orders a day now for last 8 days and so far its working.  everything is going on the red card to get the 5%.

i still have not yet once attempted a straight up shipping order since last time that happened and it got cancelled, i was unable to get instore orders to go through.

sort of a pitfa but most targets are finally getting organized for holidays so pickup is getting quicker.

No Target here, will someone do this for me?

1 hour ago, ravenb99 said:

That is way to much effort for me

well i did say it was sort of pitfa.

there are 6x targets within 50 miles. there are 15x within 80 miles.  

pretty easy to go lego steve-ish on some smaller sets that were on sale with buyins at 50% off when you pick up 4 or 5 of an item at 15 stores.

also target has gotten a little more generous in pickup time window and you can extend it for another 3 days so you can harvest at your leisure.

now that prices have gone back up, there are only 3 sets i am buying (over and over and over and over again).  probably not even retiring... 

buying blind this late can be so painful for us stp.  sniff.  sniff.  ?

luckily ship in a bottle + 10 gift card is $55.99 even after the blue baseplate instore pickup loop hole workaround gets returned ? 

Edited by cladner

well i did say it was sort of pitfa.

there are 6x targets within 50 miles. there are 15x within 80 miles.  

pretty easy to go lego steve-ish on some smaller sets that were on sale with buyins at 50% off when you pick up 4 or 5 of an item at 15 stores.

also target has gotten a little more generous in pickup time window and you can extend it for another 3 days so you can harvest at your leisure.

now that prices have gone back up, there are only 3 sets i am buying (over and over and over and over again).  probably not even retiring... 

buying blind this late can be so painful for us stp.  sniff.  sniff.  ?

luckily ship in a bottle + 10 gift card is $55.99 even after the blue baseplate instore pickup loop hole workaround gets returned ? 

That would be tough to be a reseller with so few Targets nearby.  I looked and I have 34 Targets within 50 miles and 37 Walmart (supercenters) within 35 miles of me. 

14 hours ago, LegoBro said:
17 hours ago, thelovemachine said:
what 3 sets are wroth buying and buying? emoji14.png

I'm pretty sure you need a gold membership for that. I think Ed was charging 49.99 back in 14. Cladner spills the beans once u are in.

lol buying blind can be rewarding but also carries great risk.  do you really want to dig yourself deep into a hole with a set and then find out its not retiring this year?     i wouldn't want to subject someone's capital to storage room incarceration over one of cladner's coin flip deluded sign reading hunches.  

unrelated note :

my original primary walmart.com account is working for ordering with shipping to my residence when i use my wife's paypal account as the payment method.

any other payment method, all orders are instantly cancelled basically since November last year.

have been able to partake in the $40.97  popup books, ordered 1 at a time, wait to ship, do another.  ymmv.

16 hours ago, LegoBro said:
19 hours ago, thelovemachine said:
what 3 sets are wroth buying and buying? emoji14.png

I'm pretty sure you need a gold membership for that. I think Ed was charging 49.99 back in 14. Cladner spills the beans once u are in.

I wish I did.  LEGO was better than gold back then.

Not related to an order status but this kind of ties in with the Target ban / insta-cancel discussion and I found it funny. I received a letter in the mail today from Target stating that they raised my credit limit. Gee, that's great, but if you won't let me buy anything then what's the point?! 

In the mean time, I've been successfully placing orders with my wife's new account and everything has been going smoothly so far. The gift cards are accumulating quickly, and everything has been shipping with no questions asked.

Edited by terrymc4677
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

Not related to an order status but this kind of ties in with the Target ban / insta-cancel discussion and I found it funny. I received a letter in the mail today from Target stating that they raised my credit limit. Gee, that's great, but if you won't let me buy anything then what's the point?! 

In the mean time, I've been successfully placing orders with my wife's new account and everything has been going smoothly so far. The gift cards are accumulating quickly, and everything has been shipping with no questions asked.

Are you using the same shipping/billing address?  Have you switched credit cards?

1 hour ago, NIevo said:

So far I've been lucky, none of mine cancelled but still have issues with being charged full price on sale items.

I did two orders of different items. 

Apocalypseburg 

LEGO speed champions

The apocalypsburg discount disappeared after ordering.

Things that make you go hmnnn..

Has anyone asked LEGO about why under order status, it reverts to no discount?

Awesome Lego.com sale as usual for VIP BF! Fair timing for all regions, great deals and promos. Not without some form of IT blundering but when has this not happened?  Super THANKS and PROPS to RAVENB99 for all the tips and info, a true compatriot who clearly understand helping ALL FOLKS get deals on LEGO so they actually can afford it even if their resources are limited is word and a way to promote goodwill between resellers and FOL !  Can confirm that paypal prevents order value changing after the fact, have been paying with paypal on LEGO.com for last 7 years, never a change in price and never a foreign transaction fee as others noted, just my experience. First orders already shipping now some with a special bonus, Ywing bumped up to full price gets the extra BRB promo but payment shows sale price. Hope all got what they wanted, unsurprisingly went fast this year.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, thelovemachine said:

I did two orders of different items. 

Apocalypseburg 

LEGO speed champions

The apocalypsburg discount disappeared after ordering.

Things that make you go hmnnn..

Has anyone asked LEGO about why under order status, it reverts to no discount?

Just checked and confirmation email has discount applied, but if I check order status full price ?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dbrouge said:

Just checked and confirmation email has discount applied, but if I check order status full price ?

Same for me. 

But...If I check my bank account I have the discount price transaction $226 charged from lego and a second charge additionally billing me for the discount. Which was about 96$

• Confused 1

So, I can no longer add anything to my cart on LEGO's website on any of the 3 browsers on my computer or on my iPhone. I have cleared all cookies, history, etc, multiple times. This weekend I was able to place 1 order on Friday night, then early Saturday morning I was able to add a 70840 for a bit but without a Christmas tree promo item showing up (but with the red brick showing up, which seemed weird), then when I deleted it from my cart and tried to re-add it in the hopes of getting a Christmas tree promo to show up  I couldn't add anything at all anymore, no matter what I tried. Is anyone else having problems across the board on their account? I'll call LEGO tomorrow, but this kept me from ordering a 70840 while they were in stock over the weekend...