My order status

8 hours ago, asharerin said:

Lots of potential flags. Retailers track alot these days so you have to make sure everything is fresh. Try and use a previously unsused residential VPN if you can or cell phone hotspot. The regular datacenter VPNs are always one flag and alot of the times they have already been abused. Use getipintel.net to see how your new IP scores. Was the gift card used previously? How was it funded?

Did you clear cookies? Did you go incognito? Did you block browser fingerprinting? All of these are flags for the retailer as well. Use a freshly installed browser and build cookies over time before ordering. Act like a normal legit customer would. Open an account, browse for a few days, build cookies, and then order small. Build up volume slowly over time. A brand new account using a high scoring VPN with a location far away from the store location with no cookies and using a gift card for store pickup is as sketchy as it gets. A different computer or VMware is also good to use to avoid links through fingerprinting. Obviously make sure you don't use the same name, address, phone number etc.

Great points. Just tried using chrome incognito cleared cache, cookies, history. Used a guest account, pick-up, different name. And still blocked. Instant cancellation. I wonder if they track my device ID.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I think I’ve been banned from Walmart. I purchased some items (Star Wars non-LEGO). Then the price dropped significantly within a week, enough for me to inquire about an adjustment. I contacted customer service twice and both times they said Walmart’s policy is to not give adjustments. So I repurchased at the lower price and returned the initial set. Next thing I know I get an email from Walmart stating the following:
“We reviewed your account history carefully, and we found it violated our Terms of Use regarding returns. For that reason, we've had to deactivate your account

This means we will no longer be able to process replacements, refunds or adjustments of your past orders. If you place future orders, they will be subject to cancellation. Even if you won't be ordering from us online, you can still make purchases from any Walmart store.”
That was about a week ago. I created a new fresh account today and used a gift card to purchase something. In store pickup selected.  So, no address or credit card associated with the order. Immediately the item gets cancelled and refunded.
How do they know it’s me? Are they tracking my IP? I’m using a VPN too.
Anyone had a similar experience?

The exact same happened to me in October 2018 for the same reason and it is a hard ban. Same exact email. Both my account and my wife’s shot down. We can no longer buy anything online with Walmart, not just Lego, anything. I tried to circumvent with different email addresses and stuff...nothing sophisticated....orders cancelled every time. Then, I just learned to keep ongoing without Walmart online. No big deal in the end, really. The fact they limited Lego to 2 qty per buyer last year reduced the discontent to some extent.
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, brickology101 said:

The exact same happened to me in October 2018 for the same reason and it is a hard ban. Same exact email. Both my account and my wife’s shot down. We can no longer buy anything online with Walmart, not just Lego, anything. I tried to circumvent with different email addresses and stuff...nothing sophisticated....orders cancelled every time. Then, I just learned to keep ongoing without Walmart online. No big deal in the end, really. The fact they limited Lego to 2 qty per buyer last year reduced the discontent to some extent.

Sorry to hear it happened to you too! Well, I look at it as a sort of restraint in a good way. I was going a little nuts.  So have you found any info online about how long it will last?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, appchasers said:

Great points. Just tried using chrome incognito cleared cache, cookies, history. Used a guest account, pick-up, different name. And still blocked. Instant cancellation. I wonder if they track my device ID.

They cannot see your mac address that is a common myth. Like I said don't go incognito or clear cookies. Those are red flags. Use a fresh browser (preferably different to what you were using when banned) and build cookies over time before ordering. Do not use a datacenter VPN. Preferably use a different computer or software that allows you to host virtual computers on your PC using different operating systems, screen resolutions etc. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, waddamon said:

Wow, all that I just read is above my pay grade.  So hiding is hard?  I thought the investment management business was convoluted, buying lots of lego takes the cake.  Oh well.

It is not hard. Once you know what to do and have fool proof processes in place it is very easy to scale up operations. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, iahawks550 said:

Disregard my last post. Just got an email Ninjago City shipped....after being sent an email saying they were out of stock.

I had the same thing happen with 80105. It was in stock for about 10 minutes the other day. I put in an order for 2, and immediately got an out of stock email. Go figure, 1 of the 2 ended up shipping yesterday.

The Lucky Cat, Donald Duck, Goofy & Pluto BrickHeadz as well as the Knightmare Batman accessory pack with shopping bag and Hidden Side Drag Racer promos arrived in mint condition I ordered this past weekend from Lego SAH. despite shipping them with two flat air pillow bags as padding.

The early BrickLink price for the Hidden Side Drag Racer promo is $10.  Not a good start, by still early…

Edited by LegoWalker4

I received my ISS + Hidden Side Drag Racer and patch from LEGO Shop at Home. 

I was shocked to find it on my front step wide open.  All the contents were inside and in excellent shape.  Upon further inspection, the box was not properly taped shut.  IT seems the only thing that kept the contents was the three air pillows.  I don't know if I should be thankful or ticked.  How hard is it to tape a box shut?!  *sigh*

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, iahawks550 said:

A few recent Wal-Mart orders have been hanging in the Preparing Order phase for 2-3 days. I'm sure they are swamped, but this was also indicative of a cancellation before they changed their limit to 2.

Anyone have their orders canceled lately?

5-6 day backlog for 1P sales from Walmart FCs

• Like 1