Toys R US Buy One Get one 50% OFF City & Friends Etc 3/9-3/15

emazers

Two Dolphin Cruisers come to $112 with tax. Could be good with one of the 20% off coupons. I used mine on some robie houses already. If anyone can get a coupon to stack let us know. I may buy one off ebay if it works. 

The $10 off that came with the flyer will not stack. Bastards....

Since TRU marks so much of their stuff above MSRP, I worked through most of the sets included in the BOGO this morning and listed out all of the ones that are actually at (or below) MSRPover in the daily deals:

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/8865-daily-lego-deals-3914/?p=242204

The Friends Heartlake Horse Show (41057) is actually $2 under MSRP before BOGO, but I have no experience working the friends sets, so I'm not sure if it's a good investment piece.

Toy's R Us are always so marked up compared to every where else that a BOGO 50% off usually just means get 10% off which can usally be beat with a little patience on ebay, target or Walmart.  HAven't seen any good sales at out local Toy's R Us since December and then it was only two specials that got my dollar.  TMNT Robot Ramapge and Star Wars Y-Wing fighter. 

Nothing since then , nothing even went to clearance this year. 

Since TRU marks so much of their stuff above MSRP, I worked through most of the sets included in the BOGO this morning and listed out all of the ones that are actually at (or below) MSRPover in the daily deals:

The Friends Heartlake Horse Show (41057) is actually $2 under MSRP before BOGO, but I have no experience working the friends sets, so I'm not sure if it's a good investment piece.

How many horse shows can the girls of Friends possible need?  I'm feeling a declining profit margin on horse-specific sets every time a new one is released....

• Like 1

I really want to buy the City Train 7939.  I found a TRU store (about 45 mins away) that has 2 on shelf, however, they jacked up the price to 219.99 each.  Even with BOGO 50%, it will come out to $179 each (sales tax included) .   I am not sure if there's still room to make profit, so I passed.

I really want to buy the City Train 7939.  I found a TRU store (about 45 mins away) that has 2 on shelf, however, they jacked up the price to 219.99 each.  Even with BOGO 50%, it will come out to $179 each (sales tax included) .   I am not sure if there's still room to make profit, so I passed.

That is terrible.

You'll have to hope that they somehow mark them down one day...

The trains will retire (from last set), so that the new trains can make their way in.

Keep an eye out for those prices though.

I think this would be a pretty good deal if it worked with BOGO however, when I add it to shopping cart is shows as being a Hot Priced Item and does not allow the BOGO. Also, tried on EBay but they have a limit of one. :-(

I think this would be a pretty good deal if it worked with BOGO however, when I add it to shopping cart is shows as being a Hot Priced Item and does not allow the BOGO. Also, tried on EBay but they have a limit of one. :-(

It's working for me.