50% off in TESCO

phatmatt

Tesco's here in Northern Ireland are reading from the script. If you have any knowledge of recent supermarket trends is that they are now rethinking their mega shop ideas and going back to basics. This means the impending end to Tescos ( and undoubtedly the rest)of non food items are therefore gradually doing away with expensive high end toys. A year ago you could get a decent supply of Lego at Tesco. Now they only carry about 25 -35 % of what they used to. very sad days ahead.

Heads up UK Brickpickers. You may have seen some deals posted on various sites but I can confirm that the Lego that had previously been reduced to half price has now been reduced by half that again. I picked up:

1 x Fire Helicopter

Yeah I did the same the other day hit 5 Tesco's and picked up so many random sets at like 75% off including hobbit, Chima, Ninjago and Star Wars. Comedy value I picked up 37 clone trooper battlepacks 75000 for 3.25 each. Will most likely just part out but had to be done, if only for the response I got at the counter.

It's totally random the way some stores slash prices and others don't. Just ends up becoming a wild goose chase that more often than not transpires into a waste of time

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

totally agree. last summer, i found by chance in an asda store, a damaged 6865 Avenging Cycle box. I asked for a discount, and the woman scanned it, to see what the rrp was, in order to determine a discount. Her reply surprised me. She said she could only give me a 50p discount, as the product only cost

Btw I was out shopping in my local Tesco today and looks like they found a load of sets in the back, I picked up 7 Arctic Batmans which were not on sale yesterday for 5 each so might be worth re-checking some Tesco's if you can be bothered or could just buy a wild goose chase.

Btw I was out shopping in my local Tesco today and looks like they found a load of sets in the back, I picked up 7 Arctic Batmans which were not on sale yesterday for 5 each so might be worth re-checking some Tesco's if you can be bothered or could just buy a wild goose chase.

Wow, thats amazing! I have not seen that set in my local store for ages at full price, yet alone 75% off. I checked 15 stores yesterday, and cant recall seeing this set at full price or reduced at any of them! :( I find it weird, as the other sets 76004, 76006 and 76009 are all in plentiful supply at most tesco extra stores, but are still

yeah got lucky most the stores I checked yesterday mainly had Ninjago and Chima on sale but like I said went too my local for shopping this morning and had to check the Lego isle of course and their they were, when yesterday they had none on the shelves.

Thats very odd. Hopefully they reduce the rest of the sets i mentioned soon. Imagine they will, along with the smaller turtle wave one sets...that are still on most stores shelves