5002126 - Martian Manhunter

whiteboy02

I hope the Martian Manhunter fig appreciates well. I don't want it to end up like Jor-El and Hoth Han Solo. Any ideas if they are doing a figure promo for May 4th? I may hold off on 2x vip if theres one in May.

Guaranteed they will do a figure, it's just a matter of who it is.  There have been pictures of that red droid, not sure if that will be it or not. 

• Like 1

Has there been a faster sellout for an item at LEGO Shop at Home. I think last years X-Mas sets lasted longer than this. I ended up getting exactly the number of MM I wanted. 1 for my PC and 2 for investment.

By the way this figure is a HOLD. Don't sell now. Wait and in a year this will be a $30 dollar fig.

Has there been a faster sellout for an item at LEGO Shop at Home. I think last years X-Mas sets lasted longer than this. I ended up getting exactly the number of MM I wanted. 1 for my PC and 2 for investment.

By the way this figure is a HOLD. Don't sell now. Wait and in a year this will be a $30 dollar fig.

I thought that recent police ATV promo also ended quite soon, no?

There are too many versions of Han

Not sure about Jor-El. Maybe since noone seems to like this version of Superman, noone likes this version of the father either ?

It seems to me that maybe it's because they are more obscure than the mainline characters, no? I mean, someone mentioned that the promo Hulk is doing better than Jor-El and that seems fairly logical when you think about how much more mainline the Hulk is. Same applies to TC-14 who looks like a chrome C-3PO vs. Hoth Han who looks like some dude in a parka.

This makes me think that Martian Man Hunter won't live up to the resale hype that the early sellout indicates, because frankly, who is Martian Man Hunter?

Add the fact that my wife said something to the effect of "he looks kinds dumb and ugly" and I was happy to pass and wait for 2x points.

There are too many versions of Han

Not sure about Jor-El. Maybe since noone seems to like this version of Superman, noone likes this version of the father either ?

It felt to me like Jor-El wasn't that special. He could be easily customized from a personal collection OR look better. It wasn't that great of a representation of the actor.

But I kinda liked Man of Steel...

It seems to me that maybe it's because they are more obscure than the mainline characters, no? I mean, someone mentioned that the promo Hulk is doing better than Jor-El and that seems fairly logical when you think about how much more mainline the Hulk is. Same applies to TC-14 who looks like a chrome C-3PO vs. Hoth Han who looks like some dude in a parka.

This makes me think that Martian Man Hunter won't live up to the resale hype that the early sellout indicates, because frankly, who is Martian Man Hunter?

Add the fact that my wife said something to the effect of "he looks kinds dumb and ugly" and I was happy to pass and wait for 2x points.

There are a lot of people though who DO know who he is, thinks he's awesome, and are thrilled about him being an official LEGO minifigure. Mostly fans of the TV series Justice League and Justice League Unlimited, with writer Paul Dini, writer for Batman: The Animated Series. He, like Aquaman, was under-appreciated for a long time. Since New 52 though, he and Aquaman are pretty frickin' awesome.