Toys R Us in UK cancelling multiple orders and being inquisitive in store. Any suggestions?

chrispcollins421

I am new on this site and to Lego investing.  I have recently been buying multiple clearance sets from TRU online and in store.  The majority of my orders were cancelled online as a guy phoned me up and explained that they don't let you buy items to sell on.  I explained that I was building an army with the figures, but they all got cancelled other than 1.  They are also very inquisitive when I buy in store, so am worked they are going to tell me I can't buy any more.  How has anyone got around this problem?

First of all welcome to the forums. 

Hmmm, locally in Canada I've never had this problem...online or instore at TRU.  Could be a regional thing.  Too bad, TRU is more than happy to take my money.  Sucks in a way that they ask you in store and actually called you about your order, almost like rationing their products.  Some sets have limits 1-5 per order.  I guess you have to use another account/billing/address if you want to order multiples.  Just more work. 

Hi, thanks for reply.  When you place order you can select up to 99 I think, but they have phoned me twice now. Once about an order of 5 Palpatines Arrests, which they let through and they cancelled this one with 20 x Hobbit 79002.  Has anyone else had issue in UK, and what inventive excuse have you come up with?  To the lady in store I said they were prizes for a competition, but am worried if I say this to the online department next time he phones me, he might see that as being "sold on" which they STRICTLY FORBID lol

Guest TabbyBoy

At the end of last year, I tried to buy 5x Fire Brigades at full RRP from the Reading branch of TRU and was told to put 4 of them back.  I then asked 3 friends who were waiting in my car outside to go in and buy one each and go to different tills which is what they did, I then ordered the 5th online from my iPad at the same time.  I went into the store a week after to tell the manager to his face that I bought those 5 anyway and showed him the receipts - his face was a picture and there's nothing he could do about it.  It seems that Lego's policies are propagating down to the high street as Amazon already restricts quantities.  Funny that Lego themselves aren't as strict in the UK.

If I was selling anything, any buyer can simply have as much as they want!

Guest TabbyBoy

TBH, I've not been to TRU since. Smyths Toys opened up near me and they are far better with fair prices and good instore offers.