Exclusive STAR WARS polybags at Walmart in the US?

TheOrcKing

Just yesterday, I had found at the LEGO endcap a display with three different STAR WARS polybags.

Star Destroyer (set 30056)

First available as a Walmart exclusive for the US in March of 2012.

Then given on May 23 as a promotional item with the UK "The Sun" Newspaper.

Was also available in Japan from "Gacha" Vending Machines.

MTT (Multi Troop Transport) (set 30059)

First available in Japan from "Gacha" Vending Machines.

Then in Canada from Toy R Us in November 2012.

Mini TIE Fighter (set 8028)

Originally a promotional item primarily in the UK as far back as 2008 from a variety of sources.

Supposedly, in the US some Walmart's still carry this and recently a few Target stores are selling them in December.

I do not know if everyone's Walmart carries these or not, but just the fact that each one were 'exclusives' in other countries (like the "Batmobile" polybag) and that I actually did find a bunch of them at my Walmart and the copyright date on each polybag is from 2012, there is a good possibility you may be able to find a few of these yourself.

I just thought that I should let everyone know of my findings and hope you guys can pick up a couple for your own collection.

The MTT has been an extremely hot polybag and has been selling for a minimum of at least $20 USD on Bricklink for a while because they were only available from overseas. Since they're are now on the market, people will be grabbing all the ones they can find. I'll have to check out my Walmart tomorrow. Great find, thanks!

The MTT has been an extremely hot polybag and has been selling for a minimum of at least $20 USD on Bricklink for a while because they were only available from overseas. Since they're are now on the market, people will be grabbing all the ones they can find. I'll have to check out my Walmart tomorrow. Great find, thanks!

You're welcome.

I was surprised to find any polybag at my Walmart (can not remember the last time it did), but shocked like I was hit with a thunderstorm as soon as my eyes spotted the "MTT". I just hope the ones available at my Walmart were not some wierd 'fluke'. I have seen how much just one of these has gone for.

If other Walmart's are carrying these, this is a real treasure find!

(In time for Christmas no less.)

I went to a Walmart today since I was close to where I was buying some furniture and they had TONS of polybags. The Star Wars MTT, TIE, and Star Destoyer. Ninjago poly with the white ninja and some box with a gold weapon, a City Skidloader, Creator Helicoptor, and more I can't think of right now. No Batman stuff though. I'm not a big poly collector, so I didn't buy any, and I'm sure all those nice prices that people were getting for these is gone since there seems to be a flood of these around now, but very cool if you were wanting these to collect or build.

I for one am certainly glad to see that this did not turn out to be some wierd sales 'fluke' and it seems everyone is able to get their hands on that exclusive "MTT" without having to pay though the nose for it. (I think the person who runs Brickset payed around $32 for one, sheesh.)

Oh yeah, and this got featured on TheBrickFan!

LEGO STAR WARS MTT Polybag (30059) Found at Walmart - TheBrickFan

People might say it's rude to toot your own horn.

Ah screw it. TOOT! TOOT!

Huskers reminded me, both my Target and Walmart had hundreds of MINIFIGURES Series 8 'mystery' bags. (Wished they had some leftovers from the earlier series.)

I for one am certainly glad to see that this did not turn out to be some wierd sales 'fluke' and it seems everyone is able to get their hands on that exclusive "MTT" without having to pay though the nose for it. (I think the person who runs Brickset payed around $32 for one, sheesh.)

Oh yeah, and this got featured on TheBrickFan!

LEGO STAR WARS MTT Polybag (30059) Found at Walmart - TheBrickFan

People might say it's rude to toot your own horn.

Ah screw it. TOOT! TOOT!

Huskers reminded me, both my Target and Walmart had hundreds of MINIFIGURES Series 8 'mystery' bags. (Wished they had some leftovers from the earlier series.)

Excellent job...I'll toot your horn. Your informative posts are fantastic for the site content and helps draw new members here.

As for the polybags, went to two trashed Walmarts today and found all the polybags at the second one. Picked up 10 Ninjago Hidden Swords as well. Thanks for the tip.

I've checked my Walmart for the past 2 days and haven't seen any of those polybags. Walked around every aisle in the whole store and didn't see any...

Bummer.

I have no idea just how long Walmart has been actually carrying those before I found the ones I did.

I'm pretty sure they stocked up with those fairly recently since I went out the week before and they weren't there. Hopefully one of your nearby Walmart's will restock before too long.

Best of luck.

Excellent job...I'll toot your horn. Your informative posts are fantastic for the site content and helps draw new members here.

Thank you very much. I just like to help out any way I can.

I figure "if I'm going to sit around BS'ing, the least I can do is be helpful". Haha.