Hello everyone. New member. Signed up last night

Yeah I'm sorry I haven't got the idea of the investing stuff yet but plan to read up on it. But I do have a discover card..how do I shop through them for Legos. Or do I just use discover in the lego shop and it will know

Go to the Discover site.  Click on the Shop Discover.  You have to pick Lego from a list of stores.  It will direct you to the Lego website.  Then, all you have to do is buy as normal.  It's a great perk.  And free shipping for spending more than 75.00.   I like going to my mall's Lego store, but I mostly buy from them using Shop Discover.  Though most of the sets I buy are from Target or Amazon.  

Guest brickcrazyhouse

Smoshing is feeling up the collectible minifigure series bags for recognizable parts. There's guides or that. I haven't seen the movie ones for a couple weeks so eBay or bricklink maybe your best bet. Trading is also possible here. A section called brick classified will be here soonish and will make it easier. For now just start a thread and mention what you are looking for and have to trade.

Well I tried doing that but Velma is so close to 2 other figures. And me being a newbie I'm standing there forever trying to feel stuff lol. But where are the guides? They would help me so much. And I just bought a ton of them from walmart a few days ago. But that's another reason I'm looking forward to collecting Legos over hot wheels..hot wheels are picked over before I even get there 99% of the time but easy to find Legos. Maybe only a few ppl buy to collect...I think..

Welcome, NickJames.

Where's the 'finds' page or the main discussions about what sets are coming out/sneak peaks?

We have plenty of pinned threads under each of the different categories on the site for example one for Creator 2014 or even this list for all the 2014 sets.

Are there other websites I should use as well?

Brickset, The Brick Fan, and Eurobricks are a few of the 'go to' Lego sites.

Well I tried doing that but Velma is so close to 2 other figures. And me being a newbie I'm standing there forever trying to feel stuff lol. But where are the guides? They would help me so much.

Well here is a general guide to smooshing minifigures if you haven't checked it out already.

Welcome, NickJames.

We have plenty of pinned threads under each of the different categories on the site for example one for Creator 2014 or even this list for all the 2014 sets.

Brickset, The Brick Fan, and Eurobricks are a few of the 'go to' Lego sites.

Well here is a general guide to smooshing minifigures if you haven't checked it out already.

Wow! Thank you theorcking! And thank you to the rest of you for all your help

Any large or exciting sets that are coming out will definitely be talked about in the forums before hitting shelves so just keep up with the forum posts if you can. Eurobricks is notorious for having members reviewing pre released sets. This site is more geared toward investors but rest assured there are many collectors and builders her as well. Welcome to the site and let's us know if you need anything or help finding info. This site can be overwhelming at first.

What's the best way to get minifigures?

I agree with others who said the trading forum on this site. Especially if you have a lot of repeats as it sounds like you have. I'm planning to do so soon since yes, the movie CMFs are sold out in many places now, and I'm still looking for 2 Marsha's, one for me, one for my daughter. If I get another Taco Tuesday guy, I'm going to scream. I don't have any extra Velmas, unfortunately.

Thanks for the tip! I posted my wants/haves in the trades forum if you want to check it out. Sorry I don't know any names besides the new ones lol. But if I'd guess Marsha is prob the lady with the cat and I still need 1 more of those. But I feel the same way about pres business....I have 6 extras of him!

Thanks for the tip! I posted my wants/haves in the trades forum if you want to check it out. Sorry I don't know any names besides the new ones lol. But if I'd guess Marsha is prob the lady with the cat and I still need 1 more of those. But I feel the same way about pres business....I have 6 extras of him!

Marsha's the mermaid queen. I will check out your list!