6862 - Superman Vs Power Armor Lex

exciter1

Oh really? There are other lego sets? Are they making more than one at a time now?

But seriously, to quote Flight of the Conchords, "Be more constructive with your feedback." What sets are more profitable? Why does it matter that you see it at 17.98 all the time? Wolverine's Chopper has tripled in value and I used to see it at 17.99 all the time. To say that you can find a set which is not yet EOL at 10% less than msrp can be said of what? 90 - 95% of all sets? How is that relevant? The point of a forum isn't to give an opportunity for someone to say, "you guys are wrong/dumb. Me smart." If you think the prevailing wisdom is wrong, make an actual argument. 

Nice post.  And you get a +1 from me just for the Flight of the Conchords reference  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Although I think he may be back in a different iteration...shhhhhh.

I think you're right. Posts of tales of crossing the Canadian border to buy and sell sets using language like "flipping like hotcakes" get my Spidey-sense tingling. Maybe he's turned over a new leaf.

• Like 2

Guest brickcrazyhouse

He was banned ? Lol He was funny in a sad pitiful kind of way

his real name is mark

but back to the thread topic I've noticed a couple target supply of these dwindling and now no longer on the shelf 

but back to the thread topic I've noticed a couple target supply of these dwindling and now no longer on the shelf 

Walmart had them again today at $15. They are once again out of stock though. And the 9 Walmarts within 50 miles of me have zero. 

• 1 month later...

If we can predict EOL closer to that time, this is a set IMO to buy at retail. Easily $40-$50, if not more down the road. That said, like any small set, you`d need to buy a few to make significant dough. May be better to just buy a couple larger sets. All depends on what you want, but this set is popular and will undoubtedly continue to be an easy sell.

• Like 1

I think this set has potential to outdo the Wolverine Chopper. It has Wonder Woman, Original Superman, Lex, all exclusive. It will easily double your money IMO.

-I don't always go shopping, but when I do I buy Lego-

They will be the same in the beginning but it will outdo it overtime simply because Wolverine is being redone. I doubt these chars will be in another set.

I would look for 15$. It was at walmart a week ago - haven't checked again. Everytime it hits $15 I buy about 10 or so.

Last week I caught the warehouse numbers of a big box store.  A month ago they had less than 30.  As of last week they now have around 200.  200 is not big enough for me to think that Lego is making more.  More like Lego is just moving their inventory out.  Best case scenario is that this set will go EOL in November which is quite possible.  I'm still trying to get 20 of them at 1/2 off.  So far I have three.  Hope to have 10 at the right price point by June.

I cleaned out the Targets I usually visit in Michigan for $17 plus redcard...which is pretty good for a Canadian! 

The CAN TRU in Windsor got about 20 of these in stock...but at $26.99 I think.  I won't bite (in the CAN market) for less than $20, but I'm hoping that is possible over the next few months.  I'd be surprised if this has enough legs to actually make it to Christmas - I think it will go at the latest in the Oct/Nov holiday buying period.