Anyone else experiencing major drops in eBay sales lately???

FOR THE 8,765th TIME, THIS IS NOT A "THE SKY IS FALLING!  LEGO INVESTING IS DOOMED!" THREAD!   PLEASE STOP MAKING IT THAT!!!

Yeah, sorry about that. You know what they say though. "The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry."

Oh, and I really enjoyed OrcKing's inclusion of the Spatula City commercial.  What a brialliant movie.  Well played Orc.  :)

Thank you, and I don't care what anybody says; UHF was funny.

Well I set him up with that...now if he can figure out how to work in "Wheel of Fish" then I'd be impressed. :thumbsup:

bp_1396051783__challenge_accepted.png

Yeah, the mods should probably move all of the posts except 3 (original, the guess about GTC, confirmation about GTC) to the "lego investing bubble...". Though that seems like a lot of work...

You have no idea. This thread has very quickly grew into a nineteen page long topic with twenty posts per page meaning I would have to move roughly three hundred and eighty replies. So you know what I'm gonna do instead? :spiteful:

A quick question. If Doofy stated his sales were astronomical, would people cry "LEGO BUBBLE" and start complaining about the end of LEGO investing as we know it?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Nope, because this hasn't happened in years. That boat sailed a long time ago.

A quick question. If Doofy stated his sales were astronomical, would people cry "LEGO BUBBLE" and start complaining about the end of LEGO investing as we know it?

Doofy stole all my sales, Doofy is so greedy, Doofy is killing the market. What am I to do. 

Wait,

I don't sale lego's other then a few mini figure a month for cheap bricks, I think I lost my mind, the sky is falling, crap what to do.  wait is my wife messing with me, did she start this thread and bribe you all to say these things to get me, to get ride of my Lego's.  Polish women are crafty, I would not put it past her.  Crap, Now what. what do I do, what do I do, help me find an excuse to run away from any type of work or risk. ---- I would assume something like this is what would be said.

Thanks by the way, Doofy for an entertaining thread --- an none of this is in away way your fault.

Edited for spelling

That must mean no one chiming in on this subject is super successful or smart. Wow. Way to bite the hand that feeds you.

Don't put words in my mouth. My response was to your post that stated people were no longer seeing astronomical profits. There are many very successful resellers and investors that do not post and keep their methods and winning philosophies to themselves. It was not an attack on members who do participate. I have often found in life that truly rich and successful people don't have to promote themselves or brag, they are too busy working hard to get rich and successful.

I appreciate the experienced and veteran reseller opinions on the site, as I do the novices with their raw energy and excitement. But I realize many have their own motives and respond accordingly. Please don't worry about how I pay for the site or deal with its members. I think Jeff and I treat most people very fairly and give them something of value...unlike many of your spam posts.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Just in case you all missed the memo, the Lego market is a complete bust, stop buying sets, let them rot on the shelves, they are worthless. Sell your inventories while you still can, try to recoup your investments and move on with your lives!

(cracks knuckles)...just thinning the herd :twitch:

Stop being pedantic

Stop being pedantic

Shallow and pedantic?

In reality the strong will survive. I have been doing this for 7 months now. Not very long at all. I am not experienced. I am successful over the period - at least in my eyes - but success is probably defined over a longer period of time.

But really in the end it comes down to this - you never keep things the same. Why? Because the market, the game, the sellers, the buyers - all of them will change to. No matter what, if you are smart you will prevaill. If you aren't - well you know.

I trust myself in two ways:

1. I trust I can always be the best of everyone selling wise which will keep my profit up.

2. I trust I will know when or if I ever need to get out.

Is that arrogant? Is it true? 

No its probably not true in every way - but the moment I doubt it I have already failed. Its how everyone should think and you will be fine.

Shallow and pedantic?

In reality the strong will survive. I have been doing this for 7 months now. Not very long at all. I am not experienced. I am successful over the period - at least in my eyes - but success is probably defined over a longer period of time.

But really in the end it comes down to this - you never keep things the same. Why? Because the market, the game, the sellers, the buyers - all of them will change to. No matter what, if you are smart you will prevaill. If you aren't - well you know.

I trust myself in two ways:

1. I trust I can always be the best of everyone selling wise which will keep my profit up.

2. I trust I will know when or if I ever need to get out.

Is that arrogant? Is it true?

No its probably not true in every way - but the moment I doubt it I have already failed. Its how everyone should think and you will be fine.

what an arrogant cocky jerk.