6869 - Quinjet Aerial Battle

Doofy McGee

Hmmm, no picture, spotty feedback - mostly from years ago, not selling any other items....may be legit but seems sketchy no?

As long as it looks legit to me I just post it and let others decide. In my opinion I would contact him and ask about the box condition and maybe have him send you a photo. Then purchase if everything checks out.

As long as it looks legit to me I just post it and let others decide. In my opinion I would contact him and ask about the box condition and maybe have him send you a photo. Then purchase if everything checks out.

Yeah, I appreciate the post for sure. I know your intentions are good. This stuff is always baffling to me though, who ends up with 6 of that set for such a low cost including shipping? And isn't a regular seller? I think I'll email and ask for a picture just to see what I get back.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's a good set for a personal collection. I don't see this sets value taking off for a while. If it had the hulk in it I think the price would be higher but since there are alternative ways to get Thor I think the slight variation in Iron Man won't push people to buy it though the Black Widow fetches good money in the aftermarket. Considering the price I would bet on the Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout to get a better return if you can find that at 25% off.

I mean outside the forum, where the list of stores is... thread titles, Walmart, amazon, etc. Guess nobody shops Meijers.

Oh that. Well, Meijer isn't exactly a big retailer and they're mainly located around Michigan. With Wal-Mart and the others you can't throw a brick without hitting two it seems. There are members here that have found some good deals there, especially recently.

I don't know what to say really. You can pitch the idea to Ed or Jeff and see what they think. Otherwise, your best bet would be to start a "Meijer Deals" thread under the General Buying & Selling category and see how that goes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Walmart has about 5 of these at $49. What do you guys think about the secondary market for these?

I grabbed one last week but noticed they didn't move nearly as quickly as the MF clearance. I'm personally not a fan of this set and the theme is kind of lacking in my opinion but I still think there is a potential for profit after EOL, I'm guessing demand for these may pick up when the 2nd Avengers movie releases.

I'm underwhelmed with this set as well. I think at $35 it's a great buy, but I'm on the fence at $49. The best figure is Black Widow, but that's only because she's exclusive to that set. Thor and Loki can be had elsewhere, as well as similar Iron Mans. And the jet itself seems bulky to me.