How to Set up your Label Printer for Shipping on Ebay

Hey ladies and gents... been reading around trying to find answers, so I'll just ask here.

I got the Dymo Printer + Labels for Christmas. Thanks Santa! Now... how about a scale? Does anyone recommend a scale to use? I'll eventually be shipping larger boxes, but for now they are relatively small sets and polybags/bubble mailers.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

AC

So I thought I would try and start a thread for settings for label printers people use - how to set them up and how to get started. A mod can add if others have settings and other Label printers people can use.

Dymp 450/Dymo 400/ Turbos

There are two parts.

When you go to print the labels (like when you are purchasing them - if you already did, you have to void and start over - extremely stupid) click on the "printer and label receipt preferences". You want to go down to "Supported Label Printers" and then select Dymo Labelwriter 400 2.4x7.

The second part is in the actual dymo printing preferences inside your PC. If you have a Windows OC, just go to "Devices and Printers" in the control panel.  IN there, right click on the printer and click "printer preferences". On the first tab "General", click "preferences". On the next pop up, click "advanced".  You will see a folder list-type of window. Click on the first + "paper/output" and then set it to 99019 Large Lever Arch. 

Since this thread is resurrected, here are some good instructions for Mac users:

http://www.shipstation.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Using-the-DYMO-LabelWrite-4XL-Printer-with-Mac-OS-X.pdf

• Like 1

Hey ladies and gents... been reading around trying to find answers, so I'll just ask here.

I got the Dymo Printer + Labels for Christmas. Thanks Santa! Now... how about a scale? Does anyone recommend a scale to use? I'll eventually be shipping larger boxes, but for now they are relatively small sets and polybags/bubble mailers.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

AC

If you will be shipping boxes I suggest a scale that has a separate readout.

For the longest time I had one without and I got damn tired of the 'hold' button. Screwed up half the time and had to redo it.

I'm sure there are better/nicer/cheaper but this is the last one I bought which is still working fine.  

http://www.amazon.com/Accuteck-ShipPro-Digital-Shipping-W-8580-110-Black/dp/B00KYA0RC2/

Thanks in advance.

Best,

AC

Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=390591992252&alt=web

This is the one I own and know others who use it. This scale is reliable and works without issue. Would recommend something bigger than the 10lb scale incase you sell other items.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Brickpicker mobile app

If you will be shipping boxes I suggest a scale that has a separate readout.

For the longest time I had one without and I got damn tired of the 'hold' button. Screwed up half the time and had to redo it.

I'm sure there are better/nicer/cheaper but this is the last one I bought which is still working fine.

http://www.amazon.com/Accuteck-ShipPro-Digital-Shipping-W-8580-110-Black/dp/B00KYA0RC2/

Hey that one is awesome. I'm constantly trying to see the read out on large boxes and it's a pain. I would suggest that one!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Brickpicker mobile app

On which printing platform?

I use a ql-700 to print ebay labels on the narrow shipping labels and it works fine.

Just choose the ql550 as your printer and the 2.4" labels.

Here - more verbose instructions:

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/ebay-comc-online-selling-shows-paypal-shipping/371565-how-use-brother-ql-700-label-printer-usps-shipping.html

• Like 1

Timely bump. I just got a Dymo 4XL. Today I tried to print a label from Amazon and it printed about 25 of the same label before I could get the thing to stop. The instructions on the first post in this thread are exactly what support had me do, haha. The eBay piece I didn't know about, will be sure to try that.

Timely bump. I just got a Dymo 4XL. Today I tried to print a label from Amazon and it printed about 25 of the same label before I could get the thing to stop. The instructions on the first post in this thread are exactly what support had me do, haha. The eBay piece I didn't know about, will be sure to try that.

I'm thinking of getting a Dymo 4XL for EBay, and am interested in your (or anyone else's) experiences.

Specifically, are you able to print labels using EBays 'Bulk Labeling' feature?

Are you able to print out the 'Scan Sheet' when doing bulk labeling?

Also... Has anyone tried printing a EBay packing slip on a label printer?

Sent from my XT1028 using Brickpicker mobile app

• 8 months later...