75055 - Imperial Star Destroyer

Piece_Out_Studios

The At-At is the winner of the two, for the reason that you're more likely to want multiples of the At-At. No self respecting star wars fan has a hoth setup without at least 2 At-Ats :)

I know i went after a regular and a walking version for my lego setup, and a Vintage, POTF2, and Vintage Collection for my Kenner setup.

The AT AT looks great, would also make the better play set with battle of Hoth

Unfortunately snowspeeders which are minifig sized are far too big (3 or 4 times) if you compare them with this AT-AT.

lego_s14.jpg

The snowspeeder from planet series 4 would be very much better in size btw.

• 2 months later...

Anyone has good idea how to get ISD at the lowest costs? I see Amazon selling at $119 but am hoping for more discount because I live in a high tax location. I'm looking for 1 only so any combo to lower cost could work for me. I even look at getting a TRU credit card but the palace is pricing this thing at $140 so no go for me. Any good ideas?

Edited by bricksnstocks

Anyone has good idea how to get ISD at the lowest costs? I see Amazon selling at $119 but am hoping for more discount because I live in a high tax location. I'm looking for 1 only so any combo to lower cost could work for me. I even look at getting a TRU credit card but the palace is pricing this thing at $140 so no go for me. Any good ideas?

Be patient...

• 2 months later...

This set is currently on sale at Amzn for $104

It has been since yesterday .  it was also this price at target yesterday where i stacked an 8% gift card on top of the $104 price with instore pick up in tax free NH to get 4 @ $95.53 each (27% off) .   i snagged one at amazon at 104 using some credit card rewards to get it down to 96 after tax.  i am a buyer of this set under $100.  target has jacked the price back up to $112.  target decided to start price matching walmart instead of amazon.  this set will be the poorman's 10030. until they remake 10030. and then it will be just another 7965...

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Picked up one in argos in the UK yesterday for 68.99 (GBP), got the chance to get another one but can't quite make my mind up as to its investment potential. What is the feeling on here? 

At that price I'd be all in. There's always going to be demand for this ship and there's speculation it will get a shorter than expected production run due to the new movie.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2015‎ ‎11‎:‎32‎:‎38‎, cladner said:

It has been since yesterday .  it was also this price at target yesterday where i stacked an 8% gift card on top of the $104 price with instore pick up in tax free NH to get 4 @ $95.53 each (27% off) .   i snagged one at amazon at 104 using some credit card rewards to get it down to 96 after tax.  i am a buyer of this set under $100.  target has jacked the price back up to $112.  target decided to start price matching walmart instead of amazon.  this set will be the poorman's 10030. until they remake 10030. and then it will be just another 7965...

Thanks, this is going to be stuck in my head the rest of the night.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...