Deal or No Deal - open discussion

6 hours ago, oneknightr said:

It's subjective when you have to drive a bit for a deal. I'm older now and realize that time is more valuable than money. I'd rather be spending time relaxing, building Lego, or playing with my kids than getting a deal. Sorry I didn't really answer your question. 

no worries...so I'm back from the drive and luckily no one flaked. The CL deal was like usual...prompt; dude looking just like the comic book guy in Simpsons (boxes and seals looked great...but likely personal builds anyway)...the Offerup meeting for Destiny's Bounty was a first for me thru this venue..dude was 15 minutes late...had a Breaking bad vibe and box was not crushed but not great either...seals looked OK and the "shake" fit what I shook a few minutes ago in target (definite personal build).

Rain stopped and I got a nice morning drive thru Napa Valley in my hobby car...and I hit a couple targets and a Walmart...got some 50%offs from Target clearance so maybe this trip pays for it self down the road (are Elves CAstle at 50% off good?). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

no worries...so I'm back from the drive and luckily no one flaked. The CL deal was like usual...prompt; dude looking just like the comic book guy in Simpsons (boxes and seals looked great...but likely personal builds anyway)...the Offerup meeting for Destiny's Bounty was a first for me thru this venue..dude was 15 minutes late...had a Breaking bad vibe and box was not crushed but not great either...seals looked OK and the "shake" fit what I shook a few minutes ago in target (definite personal build).

Rain stopped and I got a nice morning drive thru Napa Valley in my hobby car...and I hit a couple targets and a Walmart...got some 50%offs from Target clearance so maybe this trip pays for it self down the road (are Elves CAstle at 50% off good?). 

Happy the deals worked out for you - that is an amazing drive, no matter the time of year!

I was thinking about hitting the Walmarts in that area - anything left on the shelves? lol

2 minutes ago, yukmeez said:

Happy the deals worked out for you - that is an amazing drive, no matter the time of year!

I was thinking about hitting the Walmarts in that area - anything left on the shelves? lol

If you mean American canyon Walmart...I just got some polys at $3 (cuz I can never find these) to keep my boy entertained on drives...nothing else worth noting

15 hours ago, tasiatunes said:

I have option to buy the following new sealed delivered for $750,00

1 -75181-y-wing sterfighter

1-75159 Death Star

1-10256 Taj Mahal

1-75212 Kessel Run Millennium Falcon

1-42064 Ocean Explorer

Brickpicker calculator worth $1306.Is it worth it to hold on?

Depending on the condition of the boxes but I would take it.  Not worth near $1306 though.  You can go on eBay right now and pick all those up for under $1100.

1 minute ago, tasiatunes said:

The boxes are in excellent new shape.i just priced Ebay.These sets in new mint boxes are selling for a total of $1340.00.This deal makes thses sets a cost of $150.00 a piece.

I said I would personally take the deal, but your putting to much current value on it unless you are selling local face to face.  Even if you could turn around and get $1340 for all of them, which I doubt, you need to take another 15-16% off of that for fees and I'm guessing that $1340 is including shipping costs you have to factor in which for those huge sets are going to run a couple hundred dollars.

I said I would personally take the deal, but your putting to much current value on it unless you are selling local face to face.  Even if you could turn around and get $1340 for all of them, which I doubt, you need to take another 15-16% off of that for fees and I'm guessing that $1340 is including shipping costs you have to factor in which for those huge sets are going to run a couple hundred dollars.

Plus, you need to calculate the risk of having an item returned and it being damaged or all of the bricks are replaced with a box of rocks(fraud).
So, definitely sell locally to ensure you make a profit.

20 hours ago, tasiatunes said:

I have option to buy the following new sealed delivered for $750,00

1 -75181-y-wing sterfighter

1-75159 Death Star

1-10256 Taj Mahal

1-75212 Kessel Run Millennium Falcon

1-42064 Ocean Explorer

Brickpicker calculator worth $1306.Is it worth it to hold on?

I mean no disrespect, but I never go by the BP calculator. I always use the LOWEST eBay sold price at the time as you'll likely get at least this price. I always price my eBay sales toward the lower end of the scale as I want rid, as do most of us. TBH... I'd only want 42064 from that list... as Star Wars is meh and 10256 will eventually see large discounts.

used modulars (from adult collector and kept in display in case)

$150 for Assembly Square

$80 ea for Parisian, Brick Bank, DO, pet shop, and Cinima

comes w/ flattened box and directions

If I get the whole lot he'll throw in Ecto 1 (sealed box)

I find it difficult to find used modulars for sale at reasonable prices...thoughts?

if it matters, this is a face to face and I already got some sets from him recently...requires 1 hr drive round trip

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

$150 for Assembly Square
I find it difficult to find used modulars for sale at reasonable prices...thoughts?
if it matters, this is a face to face and I already got some sets from him recently...requires 1 hr drive round trip
Sounds like a decent deal if it is for your personal collection.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phil B said:
26 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:
$150 for Assembly Square

Sounds like a decent deal if it is for your personal collection.

That's what I was thinking...been meaning to get my feet wet in Modulars (don't have any)...and as much as I would love to jump in "Whole Hog"...don't think I have the cash funds for the whole thing...but I may be able to swing the Assembly Square which is the one I really want

You are right about BP calculator.It uses the lower price of Ebay sales.I have compared them together numerous times.The BP calculator is usually lower, but in the range.These sets I am looking at are new excellent boxes delivered.Hard to find a low price for these.I am in no hurry to sell.Although I could turn for a profit now,

I try and find sets that are 50-60% off RRP.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.