CIVILITY

I think another big issue is people remembering it is text we are working with. When you write it AND when you read it. I am bad at both sometimes and am trying to work on it.

Sometimes I write something to someone or quote someone and don't take the time to make sure I know I will be understood correctly.

On the other, sometimes I read things and I am about to be like "What the hell man?!?" and then realize I missed a word and Im an idiot.

I wish for people to be more civil as well. And sorry to anyone I have not been civil to, or seemingly haven't been to.

I admit absolutely that I over-react to perceived assholishness. Even sometimes regret being mean to people like Supraboy that deserved it.

Its hard to remember sometimes, but if you don't want to be a part of it, you have to not be a part of it even when you are provoked.

I think another big issue is people remembering it is text we are working with. When you write it AND when you read it. I am bad at both sometimes and am trying to work on it.

Sometimes I write something to someone or quote someone and don't take the time to make sure I know I will be understood correctly.

On the other, sometimes I read things and I am about to be like "What the hell man?!?" and then realize I missed a word and Im an idiot.

I wish for people to be more civil as well. And sorry to anyone I have not been civil to, or seemingly haven't been to.

I admit absolutely that I over-react to perceived assholishness. Even sometimes regret being mean to people like Supraboy that deserved it.

Its hard to remember sometimes, but if you don't want to be a part of it, you have to not be a part of it even when you are provoked.

Your civility is fine.  People know who I am talking about.  It's a handful of members.  Supraboy was one of the culprits.  He is banned.  He has tried numerous times to come up with secondary accounts and IPs, but Jeff has some nice new tools to work with that can keep track of knuckleheads like him.  

There are many ways to respond to people within the realm of good taste and manners.  Even if another member is a complete tool, there is a way to respond respectfully, yet still make a point of your superior knowledge or intellect.  It's actually fun coming up with ways to stay within the accepted forum etiquette and come up with creative and sarcastic responses.  I know.  I was very good at it.  

• Like 4

I just like to extend my small token of support for Ed's original post and the sentiments expressed throughout the thread.  We have all noticed a bit of a deterioration in posting etiquette lately.

It may be pertinent to add this link to the forum rules for new members to check out and older members to refresh themselves on.

• Like 3

"Everyone was once a noob, and you are a noob but once" - old Irish proverb

Exactly; it's basically similar to that high school mentality of the seniors treating the freshmen like crap even though in the beginning they were themselves one. Everybody had to start somewhere from very little or next to nothing and work their way on up unless you were just born with a silver spoon in your mouth. Sometimes it would be beneficial if people can recall their own humble start before placing certain judgments on another.
  • Like 1

I think we all have had moments of bad, dumb, and regretful comments. I let most slide by, as others have done to me.  however if you are a kidder, I have been know to kid back.

I will nether admit nor deny the following:

• Talking about my glorious, beautiful, genius, and all around prefect children. ( this is true even after a "stepping on a Lego at 2 in the morning ") 
  • taking a tread of topic, because I forgot what the tread topic was or knew that everyone would rather know some thing about my glorious, beautiful, genius, and all around prefect children.

so In conclusion, I am prefect (joke), and I find humor relieves stress and tension.  Also  we were all new at some point.

• Like 1

To be a master, you have to be the apprentice... To be an apprentice, you must have a master...

Point being:

Everyone is young and stupid at one point, be nice to them, because they'll be nice to you. They have no reason to be mean other wise.

Or if you were expecting something funny, oh fine... If you wanna be a master, POKEMON! You got the skills to be *pause* NUMBER ONE!

There are several issues at hand.  One, there are a few members who think it's OK to be an ass.  I am telling them, enough is enough.  Stop being a jerkoff.  Number two, there are some members who like the site and forums, but find dealing with new members below them.  Jeff and I are are tinkering around with an idea that could deal with this situation.  It is not a private forum, yet it is a private forum.  More on that later.  

It's the self serving Hypocrites that I find really annoying.

• 3 months later...