7939 - Cargo Train

ahming2121

Guest ph4tb0i

nope. it's the front and the rear. I believe the North American has the same artwork, but it's just shrunken as they managed to fit everything into a box the size of the 3677 box. 

I don't think you'll find too many people who care about the box size difference. There are some Star Wars sets from a couple years ago that have regular and smaller "green" size and there really isn't any market for the smaller size box even though they were produced in a much smaller quantity.

But if anyone has the "green" Clone Turbo Tank from a couple years ago I need it!

Noticed my local dept store has these back in stock and as part of their sale this weekend they are 30% off.  That still makes them higher than US retail though so I'll probably pass.  Just interesting that it seems they got a second shipment so it would appear there is some life at retail left for it yet.  Could just be clearing out the last of the worldwide stock though, hard to tell sometimes. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Cargo-Train-/271230429106?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item3f2697e7b2#ht_140wt_1255

One more left on ebay for 145 shipped.  Snagged one for myself for now...and watching amazon UK for deals to get more.  I really like this set, think it's going to be pretty popular.

Yeah sure honey----just send it wet--I'll dry it off when it gets here.

SCAM.

Dear Mark,

I want to apologize for not getting in touch with you until now. Things are crazy. Due to horrendous storms/flooding/tornadoes/tornado warnings we are experiencing late shipments.

Due to our warehouse being flooded out, we have lost some inventory and had to reorder this item along with many new Lego items. We will not be getting this item back in until Aug 2nd. (There is a good chance it will be in before that, but I am giving you worst case senario) I would like to know if you would like me to issue you a refund, or perfer I wait until I receive the item and send it to you? Please tell me which you wish for me to do and I will do as you please.

I will not be back into the office until Tuesday and won't be near a computer while gone, so if you perfer a refund please allow me until Tuesday to issue it to you.

Thank you.

- scrooge1234

271230429106.jpg Lego Cargo Train Item Id: 271230429106 End time: Jun-27-13 21:41:44 PDT

Yeah sure honey----just send it wet--I'll dry it off when it gets here.

SCAM.

Dear Mark,

I want to apologize for not getting in touch with you until now. Things are crazy. Due to horrendous storms/flooding/tornadoes/tornado warnings we are experiencing late shipments.

Due to our warehouse being flooded out, we have lost some inventory and had to reorder this item along with many new Lego items. We will not be getting this item back in until Aug 2nd. (There is a good chance it will be in before that, but I am giving you worst case senario) I would like to know if you would like me to issue you a refund, or perfer I wait until I receive the item and send it to you? Please tell me which you wish for me to do and I will do as you please.

I will not be back into the office until Tuesday and won't be near a computer while gone, so if you perfer a refund please allow me until Tuesday to issue it to you.

Thank you.

- scrooge1234

271230429106.jpg Lego Cargo Train Item Id: 271230429106 End time: Jun-27-13 21:41:44 PDT

Please allow me til Tuesday to flee the country and make off with everyones money.  :devil:

I had the same type of scenario with SAME seller / bought a set and then got some excuse that it was "supposed to come in on a truck" bc he was playing middleman for a "large retailer" and he would either refund money or I could wait 2 weeks. I actually gave him good feedback cause he refunded me. Sounds like he rolls the dice on sets and makes excuses if he can't get them....

I guess the phucking hurricane blew through and the weather cleared.  He has tons of sets listed again--many already sold to idiots like me.  I hate thieves!  Nothing I can do either---since he set the ship 10 14 days advanced.  I can't complain--but once I get my money back--he will get a "nice" review.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/scrooge1234/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2654

Guest ph4tb0i

If anyone is interested, there are only 27 Cargo Trains left at LEGO's site as of now.  I've been watching this number creep toward zero for the past few days.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Cargo-Train-7939

might be a bit cheaper getting it from here... 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-City-7939-Cargo-Train/dp/B003A2JCR2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373853428&sr=8-1&keywords=lego+7939

I massively stocked this up when Amazon DE had it shipped to Canada for ~140USD (~146 CAD).

Guest ph4tb0i

What is with the panic? No retiring soon placard and they are available elsewhere for same price in qty.

It's probably because it's been out since 2010, and that with all the new Lego sets coming out it's hard to predict when Lego will pull the plug on this. 

I say one more christmas season at most. 

What is with the panic? No retiring soon placard and they are available elsewhere for same price in qty.

buying one more is a panic? I don't think so.....

BTW, Walmart not selling it, Target sold out, Amazon 3rd party price 255.00....just TRU 179.99 +tax (limit one)

LEGO Shop at Home this set was in and out with out of stock long period of time (6 month or so)....