76022 - X-Men Vs The Sentinel

Doofy McGee

Did anyone notice when looking at the box for this set that it shows Wolverine and Magneto with mask and helmet in one picture, and then both have hair in the other picture, all on the front cover?  This leads to me to believe that they will come with headwear AND hair.  That is something you don't see very often...or...ever.  Has that been done before?  I can't think of an example.  I think it is a great move though.  People love options!

As far as investment impact...

All I know is, if that artwork is accurate, it could have a reasonable impact on the value of the 6866 Wolverine.  I know the costume is different, but if you slap the hair on there, it is very close to being the same figure.  I could be dead wrong of course, but my gut says don't wait too long to sell your 6866 Wolvies.

Link

Off the top of my head I remember the Mandalorian Fighter (9525) with Pre Viszla having hair and his helmet. So it has been done before but the investment potential is considered by most to be nil on that set. However classic mask Wolverine should be money, especially to parter outers. I still can't get over the sentinel however. Wish they put a little more effort into it.

Amen.  That Sentinel brings tears to my eyes.  What a waste.

I do think the new masked Wolverine is gonna be awesome for parting out/reselling.  I am already looking forward to selling them!  I was just trying to give people a friendly heads up that there current stash of Wolverines might be in for a bit of a hit when the new one comes out.

Did anyone notice when looking at the box for this set that it shows Wolverine and Magneto with mask and helmet in one picture, and then both have hair in the other picture, all on the front cover?  This leads to me to believe that they will come with headwear AND hair.  That is something you don't see very often...or...ever.  Has that been done before?  I can't think of an example.  I think it is a great move though.  People love options!

As far as investment impact...

All I know is, if that artwork is accurate, it could have a reasonable impact on the value of the 6866 Wolverine.  I know the costume is different, but if you slap the hair on there, it is very close to being the same figure.  I could be dead wrong of course, but my gut says don't wait too long to sell your 6866 Wolvies.

http://bricker.info/sets/76022/

Harley in AA-breakout has a headpiece and hair.

Luke in a SW set has both hair and a helmet (I think the 7965 MF)

I'm looking forward to this set.  I'd be more worried of the chinese knock offs reducing the price on past wolverines.  Hardcore collectors are interested.  The masses are less concerned about the branding as much as the price and temporarily appeasing their children.

• 2 months later...

Just wondering will Lego set 76022 eventually get a small discount in the next few months in the U.S?  (for investment purposes)

Like $44.99 each instead of $49.99?? Would like to buy a couple of them but would like to get them under $50 each after taxes etc

or should I wait until a certain time to get discount on a couple of them?

any thoughts?

Not sure when but very likely it will be discounted in the future.  The piece count and price are comparable to those of Hulk Lab Smash and Daily Bugle Showdown and those both have been marked down to $39.99 several times (I think they are on Amazon as I write this).  I'd imagine this will follow suit.  Just the matter of when.  

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

From a historical perspective, I don't see how it could retire before the end of the year. You never know, they're really pumping out the Super Heroes sets right now.

Sale at lego store raise some questions. They are definitely being cleared out of b&m stores in general. But no signs of online clearance yet.

I do wonder about the future of lego xmen in general. Seems like a huge ip they are missing out on.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...