10230 - Mini Modulars

Ed Mack

• 3 months later...

I am not super thrilled with the mini mod set and have not decided if I am going to get it. For one thing I only have 3 of the sets depicted and do not plan to get the other two (Cafe Corner & Market Street). I also just find Market Street out of place and somewhat off putting. Now if they were to release a mini mod set that includes the Pet Shop and Town Hall then I would most likely get it.

I am not super thrilled with the mini mod set and have not decided if I am going to get it. For one thing I only have 3 of the sets depicted and do not plan to get the other two (Cafe Corner & Market Street). I also just find Market Street out of place and somewhat off putting.

Now if they were to release a mini mod set that includes the Pet Shop and Town Hall then I would most likely get it.

Market Street does look out of place. It is really not a 'modular building,' but a FACTORY set. Both the Cafe Corner and Market Street are in the price stratosphere now and basically out of reach and/or a poor investment for most collectors at this stage.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Count me as one of the folks he doesn't care about this one. I love the modular buildings and when I got the VIP email showing off this set I was grinning ear to ear. After it sank in and I studied the photos, I realized it was all small pieces and not the sort of thing I am really in to. In fact I know this is stupid, but I kind of wished they wouldn't have released it. It disrupts my Modular Collecting and my desire to have every other large exclusive set. So I label this one as a pass, and it might be regretted later, because I am sure it will hold value, but its not one I would ever look forward to building...

While I don't want to keep these sets, I do believe that the mini modulars will do well. I also think they will keep adding to them, coming out with Pet Shop, Town Hall, and the modulars not yet released that you can add to your "mini" town just like the regular modulars. Of course, you will be able to add those for probably $20/piece vs. $150-200 for the regular release.

• 3 weeks later...

Brickset's data is not correct on EOL information at times. It is difficult to track that information because LEGO does not release it, so if a set is sold out, it shows up as EOL on the Brickset site. The Mini Modulars are not EOL: 10230 Mini Modulars Price $79.99 Out of stock, expected ship date 15 Dec 2012

Brickset's data is not correct on EOL information at times. It is difficult to track that information because LEGO does not release it, so if a set is sold out, it shows up as EOL on the Brickset site. The Mini Modulars are not EOL:

10230 Mini Modulars

Price $79.99

Out of stock, expected ship date 15 Dec 2012

Ed, what are your thoughts on the Mini Modulars as far as them continuing the line of them? I personally hope they will continue to add the minis along with the Modular series so that you can have both, and 10230 was the starting point to help catch up. Thus, they would add Pet Shop, Town Hall, etc., as the modulars are built. Am I reading too much into this?

Ed, what are your thoughts on the Mini Modulars as far as them continuing the line of them? I personally hope they will continue to add the minis along with the Modular series so that you can have both, and 10230 was the starting point to help catch up. Thus, they would add Pet Shop, Town Hall, etc., as the modulars are built. Am I reading too much into this?

I don't see why not. It could be the next mini set in the continuing Modular theme, making this one even more valuable. LEGO has an excellent track record of replicating larger sets into mini ones and coming up with new sets that work with older ones. This is a perfect example of a surefire winner in my opinion.

• 4 months later...