10230 - Mini Modulars

Ed Mack

If they make another mini modular set which I think they will, I don't think any of the ones used in this version will be included.

IMO the next mini modular would include the Town Hall, Pet Shop, Palace Cinema, and the next 1 or 2 after that, so it could be awhile

before this one is EOL. That said I think its worth investing in, it's at an attractive retail price, an exclusive, and isn't talked about as much

so it will be under the radar of most investors/collectors. There will be several hundred of the big large expensive sets everyone is stocking

up on for sale so you'll have less competition selling this set.

as simple as that - a very good investment piece!

I have this set--it is built and sits atop the entertainment corner piece that houses my television. What I like about it is the amazing amount of detail in such a small dimension. Not everyone has room for the larger versions of these buildings. I intend to buy at least one more for investment purposes. There are people who love miniature sorts of things and this would be right up that alley. I say go for it.

As long as they continue to make full sized ones try will do another set but it will certainly include the next 5 just like this one includes the first 5. I need to get my hands on another one to build myself.

Looks amazing. So much detail. People say isn't a challenging build because of the small scale.

Guest eightbrick

Looks like they have a good future lined up for themselves, with a current value above retail (while still out), great detail, a unique and exclusive set, and ties to the hugely popular modular line. The problem that I see with them is that I can't really imagine Lego putting these on a decent discount before they are retired. Maybe 20% to get rid of the last couple hundred but beyond that, I just don't see them being discounted (plus now apparently you can't use coupons on exclusives). Depending on how long it stays out, I can see it hitting up to 200 dollars several years after EOL.

I think it is a winner because of the detail. No idea about EOL yet, but I think it will be a winner at some point.

There was unsubstantiated rumor that this was going EOL at the end of this year.

Looks like they have a good future lined up for themselves, with a current value above retail (while still out), great detail, a unique and exclusive set, and ties to the hugely popular modular line. The problem that I see with them is that I can't really imagine Lego putting these on a decent discount before they are retired. Maybe 20% to get rid of the last couple hundred but beyond that, I just don't see them being discounted (plus now apparently you can't use coupons on exclusives). Depending on how long it stays out, I can see it hitting up to 200 dollars several years after EOL.

I won a water damaged box one for

Guest TabbyBoy

Bugger! This thread had just made me buy one from LEGO Shop at Home with free delivery and another mini VW camper.  I'll by another next week and yet another couple next month with double VIP points.  When when when will I have some willpower!

Wasn't planning a purchase today...but gave in after reading this topic lol.  Wife likes it too anyways.  Saw it in person couple weeks back but bought advent calendars instead for mini camper.  Figured 2 mini campers would be cool and might as well use my remaining vip pts to lesson the $99.99 CAN retail price.   

Build it!

The funny thing is my display area is a bookshelf that shares shelf space with books (gasp!)...so the Mini Modulars is about the only decent sized set that would fit on the shelves. 

I also just bought the two new Minecraft sets that I'm also struggling to keep sealed.

I didn't want to get it at first because 1) I don't have any of the modulars/not a big fan yet 2) Lego is small enough, this is mini of mini haha 2) don't know the investment potential 3) price point seem pretty high considering no minifigs. 

All that went out the window since I don't have this set yet and the thought of buying another Fun House, chess set, VW Camper etc was getting boring lol.  Will keep it for personal collection.  Without the mini camper promo I would have waited until Oct for sure.   

Don't build those.

C'mon, ME.  You're telling me you didn't like the Minecraft build?  :unsure:

I will concede it wasn't the most challenging, but I kinda like the pixelated appearance that translated well to Lego.  I also like the mob figs.  Steve and the Creepy Crawler 21102 were awesomely simple.

I still have three 21102 left that I'm holding for EOL.  As you guys know, I'm bullish on this one if it retires at the end of the year, so I may grab a couple more. :good:

Bugger! This thread had just made me buy one from LEGO Shop at Home with free delivery and another mini VW camper.  I'll by another next week and yet another couple next month with double VIP points.  When when when will I have some willpower!

Aaaarghhhh. Back home now, with access to LEGO Shop at Home. <Insert Zombie voice> "Must place order, must place order. Resistance is Futile".

Order placed! :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:

• Like 1

Aaaarghhhh. Back home now, with access to LEGO Shop at Home. <Insert Zombie voice> "Must place order, must place order. Resistance is Futile".

Order placed! :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:

Sweet move. You now will receive a cool modular set Plus a cool polybag VW Campervan Plus VIP points Plus free Shipping. How could you go wrong.  :yes: All in all if you wanted to sell the mini VW and get @

Seems like the cat is out of the bag then since we like it and so will every other Tom, Dlck & Harry. I feel an Abba song coming on! ;-)

Me and my big mouth. OK people. Nothing to see here. Boring modulars only.  Move on, Move on. Go to the Chima, Friends  and Ninjago sections. Lego will love you for it.

I didn't want to get it at first because 1) I don't have any of the modulars/not a big fan yet 2) Lego is small enough, this is mini of mini haha 2) don't know the investment potential 3) price point seem pretty high considering no minifigs. 

If minifigures were included in the Mini Modulars, they'd be gigantic in comparison with the rest of the build. You have seen the scale that the modulars are in, right? Obviously not minifigure-scale.