10230 - Mini Modulars

Ed Mack

If minifigures were included in the Mini Modulars, they'd be gigantic in comparison with the rest of the build. You have seen the scale that the modulars are in, right? Obviously not minifigure-scale.

Guess I could act out a 'godzilla'/monster scene with one of my swamp monsters haha.  I was hoping the set would come with some exclusive regular size minifigs...a sample collection of figs that come with the regular modulars.  Pretty sure Lego would increase the price too.  

Not to be off topic, but any modular experts know if the minifigs that come with regular size modulars are exclusive?    

Not to be off topic, but any modular experts know if the minifigs that come with regular size modulars are exclusive?

Eh, they aren't particularly exclusive. The compostion of parts for each character is unique to the set but you can find each one's torso, legs, or hair in another set for the most part. Possibly the only thing exclusive with those figures is the fact they use the classic smiley face from way back when and they just don't use that in typical sets anymore.

3626cp01.jpg

I believe a couple maybe exclusive like the Town Hall's bride torso at least for the time being.

Eh, they aren't particularly exclusive. The compostion of parts for each character is unique to the set but you can find each one's torso, legs, or hair in another set for the most part. Possibly the only thing exclusive with those figures is the fact they use the classic smiley face from way back when and they just don't use that in typical sets anymore.

3626cp01.jpg

I believe a couple maybe exclusive like the Town Hall's bride torso at least for the time being.

Yeah I was going to say that I think a couple of the pieces like torsos and heads are exclusive or rarely used. But I don't think they carry much weight in a minfigure collecting market.

Then again, I am not a minifigure person so maybe I wouldn't know for sure.

I got a little burned on these.  Bought a couple last year when I first started getting into investing more seriously and got them off Bricklink for slightly below US retail plus shipping.  They weren't available in shops here so thought I might be onto a bit of a quick flip winner.  Got them landed for $144 NZ each.  Then a week later I notice they had come out here and were $129 retail  :shocked:

So I've had them sitting in the closet ever since.  I've been considering taking my loss and getting rid of them.  Put that capital into something else and then I can always buy them again at the end of next year.

I like the set, but not enough to open and build myself.

Guest TabbyBoy

I've decided to take the plunge as I've always like the idea of them a a collector's display set and hence, future value.  Another reason is that they are cheaper (RRP) at LEGO Shop at Home than they are on Amazon so not struggling to sell as some people think.  I've been buying one every 6 days to get as many mini VW campers as possible.

Guest TabbyBoy

I've fallen in love with these and just ordered another 2 (separate VIP accounts) to get another 2 VW campers.  I'll do the same next week so that I have 5 in total.  Since these are "cute" and the first of possibly a new line, I think these could be a dark horse investment wise.  At least the votes are going my way. ;-)

• 6 months later...

Hello,

I am surprised that this set does not seem to attract any enthousiasm since it went end of Life.

On amazon France, I think bot a single one or almost was sold.

I thought people would jump on it as it was retired by surprise.

Do you think this set has potential ?

Yannick

IMHO the question is: what would be the profile of a buyer would like to buy it ?

I only think of a modular building fan who would want everything of that line. Like some (incomplete) "summary" of want you own.

The modular buildings are cool because of details and minifigs which can go inside. If you throw these two main parts, it becomes non-sense, and the only good point would be that it reminds real modulars, micro-sized. But these are not X-wing or any cool and well knwon vehicule. 

The only thing that is cool (as an investor) is that the RRP was quite nice.

That's my thought.

(j'aurais pu

I do think this set has a lot pf potential and it has shown a rise on prices in the last two months.

Yes, it will "only" appeal to modular fans but those are a LOT of people! Right now, the Parisian Restaurant is the most popular set at LEGO Shop at Home.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Brickpicker

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...