Taking a chance on this LOTR Ebay Lot for $150

Seller has only one feedback bu tthey only live about an hour from me...

I get to build some great sets without opening any of my NIB inventory!

BP has the used value at about 200.00 so with free shipping not a bad deal.  Opinions?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-Of-9-Lord-Of-The-Rings-Hobbit-Lego-Sets-Pirate-Ship-Ambush-Orc-Forge-/281307955287?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item417f42c057

Lot Of 9 "Lord Of The Rings/Hobbit" Lego Sets Pirate Ship Ambush, Orc Forge... #79008 #9471 #79003 #79002 #9469 #79000 #79001 #9476

Description:

Other than missing a few pieces to Shelob in "Shelob Attacks" you get these complete sets in great condition: Pirate Ship Ambush, Gandalf Arrives, Shelob Attacks, Ura-Kai Army, An Unexpected Gathering, Escape From Mirkwood Spiders, Riddles for the Ring, Attack of the Wargs, and Orc Forge.

You get 41 mini figures, 2 Wargs and 2 horses I'm all!

• Like 1

Looks like I missed a couple of sets within the listing 79003 Unexpected Gathering ($48 used) and 9470 Shelob Attacks ($13.50 used).

With those added in this is looking better and better, as long as I receive said items.  $250+ used value for $150 with free shipping.

Not bad if it all works out.

Been there.  Bought those.  There is a solution to that problem.  A very simple/cheap solution to clean and wash that stench right off of the little tiny bricks.

even works on cloth sails.  Baking Soda/dish soap.  Let soak overnight.  simple easy done.   Repeat if needed.

Can even use oxyclean to brighten yellowed bricks with a few other ingredients.

I bought a huge pirate ship lot with a black pearl, queen anne and 10210 all complete with extra 26  POTC figs for 530.00.

Sold off the extra figs and a few other extra pieces for ~100.00

Left with three ships, 320, 180 and 160 in value +230.00 in value.  Not great but not bad either. 

The ships are all easy sells.  Other than what they used to smell like, they are in display quality shape.

I enjoy the hunt to find lots like these.  Another recent find was a nearly complete 4483 for 83.00.  All figs and instructions included.

Still haven't built it yet...I am looking forward to it.  A nice iconic SW set.

I love this game.

I hope so.  Should provide a nice tidy profit in the very near future after it is cleaned and inventoried.  I will catch heck from those accounting folk who want my time included in profit estimates.  In due time.  I am not incorporated yet.  Later this year.  Another equation changer.  I am still learning about the accounting side and how to best benefit come tax time.

Still organizing my books as well.  Just finished my new inventory yesterday.

More to go on the loose sets in my collection. 

I hope so.  Should provide a nice tidy profit in the very near future after it is cleaned and inventoried.  I will catch heck from those accounting folk who want my time included in profit estimates.  In due time.  I am not incorporated yet.  Later this year.  Another equation changer.  I am still learning about the accounting side and how to best benefit come tax time.

Still organizing my books as well.  Just finished my new inventory yesterday.

More to go on the loose sets in my collection. 

I don't get too worked up about time spent building/cleaning/etc. The truth is that just about anytime I'm doing that I could probably be at work making time and a half doing overtime instead, almost surely making more than I make buying and reselling stuff like Lego. But I still like to do this because it's fun, while work, not so much.