TOYS R US clean up!

wilesto

I am sure alot of people have already taken advantage of this deal on here (if what the manager at my local store told me is anything to go by) however i thought i should post anyway, in case people have missed it. Toy's R' Us are doing a very good promo at the minute, where for every

Guest TabbyBoy

I am sure alot of people have already taken advantage of this deal on here (if what the manager at my local store told me is anything to go by) however i thought i should post anyway, in case people have missed it. Toy's R' Us are doing a very good promo at the minute, where for every

When I went to my Reading branch, not only were decent sets NOT discounted, they refused to offer me even one voucher due to "New Policy".  Hence I told the duty manager to shove his Pet Shop up his arse (exact words!) and I stormed out in disgust NEVER give them my money again.  I also told those with Lego in the queue behind to go to John Lewis which I think a few of them did.  I'm not surprised this company is going belly up.

Thats hilarious! I do not blame you one bit there! It is outrageous to even be asked by a shop worker as to what the customer intends to do with their products! If someone worked in a chemist and sold a pack of condoms, they wouldnt dream of asking the customer if they will be using them all on the same woman, or 12 different women! So how can someone have the cheek to not only ask me why am i buying 5 of the same set...but then when i answer her...to actually question my answer! Absolutely shocking. There is no small print whatsoever in this deal, that states that traders cannot participate. Its just the company resents us doing so, so is trying to stop us taking part! I bet they actually keep the gift cards for themselves!

Guest TabbyBoy

If I owned a shop I'd say, "Of course Sir, you can buy as many sets as you want and here are your vouchers, have a nice day!"

If I owned a shop I'd say, "Of course Sir, you can buy as many sets as you want and here are your vouchers, have a nice day!"

Exactly. What difference does it make to the employee what the customer intends to do with the set? Absurd. However, I will contain my anger, and simply visit a few more stores, grab some more retired LOTR sets at half price, and then spend all my

Guest TabbyBoy

Exactly. What difference does it make to the employee what the customer intends to do with the set? Absurd. However, I will contain my anger, and simply visit a few more stores, grab some more retired LOTR sets at half price, and then spend all my

When I went to my Reading branch, not only were decent sets NOT discounted, they refused to offer me even one voucher due to "New Policy".  Hence I told the duty manager to shove his Pet Shop up his arse (exact words!) and I stormed out in disgust NEVER give them my money again.  I also told those with Lego in the queue behind to go to John Lewis which I think a few of them did.  I'm not surprised this company is going belly up.

I was in Reading Toys R Us yesterday and purchased a few sets however they couldn't offer me any bags due to being out of stock. I ended up having to settle for clear bin bags. Seriously I was dropping hundreds of pounds and the manager wouldn't even give me a couple of the heavy duty bags for free, what a d**k.

You may be right... I'll pop into a different branch (only if passing), try to get deals and then send receipts and eBay selling prices to Mr R Sole at the Reading branch with a photo of my middle finger. ;-)

Thats brilliant! That should do the trick for sure!

When I went to TRU to do this promo, they said is was only for certain sets...?  I was buying a Spiderman set, a Duplo set, and a Ninjago set and they wouldn't give me the $10 gift card.  I was very upset...  I was told I had to buy only the "Creator" sets (which confused me).  Does anyone know?  I still have my receipt so I might be able to go back and appeal it...

Ok I had some fun this weekend, I ordered all I could online with free postage . Then proceeded to do the same at my local TRUS for click and collect. Only 2 items of each. When we got there to collect the helpful chap says split your order up into two and you will get 2 lots of

Hmmmmm... Interesting discussion this. It's worth remembering that there are also people who may want to benefit from sales, i.e. Non resellers/traders, which you clearly are (despite your protests), who are also unable to get anything because other people buy everything up.. Maybe the manager was thinking about that and wasn't such "an arsehole" after all..

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

These always make me laugh because he WAS right, you WERE a reseller, and you weren't "innocent". 

LEGO is serious business, can put your moral compass in jeopardy... 

Yes I agree with your points however, i firstly obeyed their  rules by only buying 2 of each. It was a member of staff who suggested splitting order up, then we even asked how many we could buy. 

It was they way the manager acted that sparked the whole situation. He had the chance when we said how many can we buy to clarify.  

He told us 10 or 12 sets then changed his mind about 15 minutes later. If we were buying 10 sets of their full price lego not a problem.

Hmmmmm... Interesting discussion this. It's worth remembering that there are also people who may want to benefit from sales, i.e. Non resellers/traders, which you clearly are (despite your protests), who are also unable to get anything because other people buy everything up.. Maybe the manager was thinking about that and wasn't such "an arsehole" after all..

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Yes again I am very aware of those facts as it is always me that misses out but thats life. I stand by my comment about the manager he was!

Perhaps a sign saying 1 item each  then at least its clear from the start. I had about

• 2 weeks later...