70803 - Cloud Cuckoo Palace

4cs

I noticed the Cloud Cuckoo Palace is listed online as online only now (and shows sold out ). Does this suggest some of the early Lego Movie sets will start to lose their shelf space in stores? As a former store logistics manager, when we couldn't keep something in stock we eventually dropped it from our system and gave the space to an adjacent product. I wonder if a second wave of movie sets might be coming? This set has been popular in stores and online for awhile, I wonder if replenishment will ever catch up at the store level.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I noticed the Cloud Cuckoo Palace is listed online as online only now (and shows sold out ). Does this suggest some of the early Lego Movie sets will start to lose their shelf space in stores? As a former store logistics manager, when we couldn't keep something in stock we eventually dropped it from our system and gave the space to an adjacent product. I wonder if a second wave of movie sets might be coming? This set has been popular in stores and online for awhile, I wonder if replenishment will ever catch up at the store level.

It might lose its shelf space. There will be some more Lego Movie sets coming out later this year and that might be a factor.

I have a funny feeling these cheaper movie sets will not be around for long. I dunno why.

They aren't around long because they are cheap. The parents of the children who want Lego Movie sets want to buy some of the cheaper sets instead of the more expensive ones.

• Like 1

If regular uni-kitty isn't in any other set before Christmas then there will be huge demand for this set. I found it odd that LEGO Shop at Home shipped all of my big zoos and palpatines, which were supposed to be delayed until May, but the ccp I ordered for my daughters bday is still backordered. They haven't had them in stock at my Lego store for a while either. Ive rarely see them in stock at retailers as well.

Maybe more like the zombies?

I don't think it will retire in a short span, but I do think that this is a good indicator for the level of demand this set will command when the holidays come around. MartinP's point is very valid as well. If you know nothing about Lego but your daughter really wants a set, if you go to the regular aisle ccp is by far the girliest looking set.

this set was on the clearance aisle today at one of my walmart haunts for $19.00 (instead of 19.99).

There were 10 boxes in great shape.

I will probably go back and pick them up but was loading up on the Man-Bat sets and 

I am thinking now that movie buzz has died off, these will start to be cleared...  this is all speculation.

I will load up on these at clearance as surely there will be a sequel and thus a new generation to discover the first film and want to get all the legos they missed out on.

This thread should be combined with the Have a Laugh one. The best selling set of their hottest theme right now and you guys seriously think it's going away?

If anything the popularity of some of the sets might see larger production runs.  That and I think it would be nuts to discontinue the line when a sequel is in the works.  I'd say that getting these for quick flips or a few for the holidays makes sense, but I'd be shocked if the LM sets don't get restocked shortly...and even if they don't get restocked in store, I could see these available online for a long time.

Picked up about 12 on Friday at different Target stores, and they were put on shelves that same morning. They still get them in shipments, but only a few scattered stores at a time, and they get scooped up right away, for obvious reasons. If store pickup is available, then they disappear even faster.