10244 - Fairground Mixer

Wazzapova

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To all the fairground and coaster fans, that were amazed about the Coasterdynamix Lego like coaster some years ago: There will be a new coaster called The Cyclone which is available for preorders now from Coasterdynamix. There was a sucessful founding at Kickstarter some month ago.

For European sales is done again from Coastershop:

https://coastershop.de/en/Rollercoasters/Sets/LEGO-compatible-Cyclone-Coaster-Preorder.html

North and South America fans can preorder directly through them:

http://www.coasterdynamix.com/

The Cyclone.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
54 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Sales of this one seem to be on the increase this week. I wonder why that could be. Prices still low but let´s see if they start ticking up shortly.

I assume you are being coy.

But it seems a fairground subtheme is here for the long run.:)

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, The Leveller said:

Still as low as € 145 on the Dutch Craiglist last week. I expected more of this set.

The demand for this set was low while it was available. I didn't expect a miraculous increase in demand just because it went retired. That's why I didn't buy this set for investment. It also doesn't appeal to me personally, unlike the new Carousel which I think is great.

Edited by Haay

I picked up one at £85 late in the day, on UK eBay they are going up to £175 and down to 13 listings.

I think it will appeal to those who have bought carousel and Ferris wheel when they realise it exists.

I could happily get out now but I'm holding out for next Christmas. Hoping for a year without a creator fairground release to push demand up. Any word on a rollercoaster or is that just scuttlebutt because rails now exist?

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
18 minutes ago, Val-E said:

After a shaky start, this one seems to have gathered speed. Thanks to the Carousel and Rollercoaster.

even though its gathering speed its a turd compared to its peers - its selling for the same price as PET SHOP which had same MSRP and was also discounted. except that fairground mixer had a 1 year lead time on retirement so cagr wise its doing even worse than much maligned Pet Shop.

so glad i didn't go crazy on these.  so glad i bought ferrari's instead.

using lowest FBA price as reference relative to MSRP.

Pet Shop:  1.66 MSRP

Fairground Mixer:  1.66x MSRP price

Simpsons House:  1.85x of MSRP price

Kwik E Mart: :  2.00x of MSRP price

Minecraft The Village:  1.75x of MSRP

Simpsons and the village are doing very well factoring in their recent retirement.

still nothing like the ultimate turd of all time:  Tower or Orthanc - 1.27x msrp

Edited by cladner
  • Haha 1

Just now, cladner said:

even though its gathering speed its a turd compared to its peers - its selling for the same price as PET SHOP which had same MSRP and was also discounted. except that fairground mixer had a 1 year lead time on retirement so cagr wise its doing even worse than much maligned Pet Shop.

so glad i didn't go crazy on these.  so glad i bought ferrari's instead.

using lowest FBA price as reference relative to MSRP.

Pet Shop:  1.66 MSRP

Fairground Mixer:  1.66x MSRP price

Simpsons House:  1.85x of MSRP price

Kwik E Mart: :  2.00x of MSRP price

Minecraft The Village:  1.75x of MSRP

Simpsons and the village are doing very well factoring in their recent retirement.

still nothing like the ultimate turd of all time:  Tower or Orthanc - 1.27x msrp

Well, as I don´t count Amazon prices it´s a success in my book!

The ultimate D2C turd is still 10223 Kingdoms Joust, right?

As an owner of this set, it has huge potential. It packs away nicely, but will always be the black sheep of the fairground theme. My daughter loves it and it can actually hold minidolls figures without modification unlike the other amusement sets. It has huge playability, but minimal displayability. It looks nice when set up bit nowhere near as nics as the other 3. Hard to say the future but I bought mine from a Picker here for a good deal. Keep holing on, i believe in this set, like a kitten poster.

Sent from my VS995 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app