10244 - Fairground Mixer

Wazzapova

I think the Grand Carousel just has a wow factor that this doesn't. It just looks really impressive. This just looks like a typical Lego playset with various additional bits and bobs. Put side by side there's no comparison.

It's a decent price with a nice variety of parts, but I can't see it doing nearly as well as the Carousel as an investment..

In regards to displaying it, I almost feel like the carnival would look nicer folded up on the trucks than already unpacked. For me, much of the "wow factor" is in the actual unfolding/unpacking from the trucks and watching it be setup so easily. Almost mesmerizing...

• Like 1

In regards to displaying it, I almost feel like the carnival would look nicer folded up on the trucks than already unpacked. For me, much of the "wow factor" is in the actual unfolding/unpacking from the trucks and watching it be setup so easily. Almost mesmerizing...

I agree. The fact that the whole thing is compacted into trucks is mind blowing. This set is basically a lego version of transformers.

• Like 2

I think the Grand Carousel just has a wow factor that this doesn't. It just looks really impressive. This just looks like a typical Lego playset with various additional bits and bobs. Put side by side there's no comparison.

It's a decent price with a nice variety of parts, but I can't see it doing nearly as well as the Carousel as an investment..

The Grand Carousel was really fancy looking, included power functions, some parts that still are rare or limited, and had a decent run of a year and a half. I imagine this Fairground Mixer will have a longer window of availability than that and although maybe less impressive than the other just for sheer size, it is as it should be. They're two different beasts really and all I implied was the desirability continuing on after retirement; not both seeing the same sort of gains.

In any case, seeing how the set is actually named Fairground Mixer instead of what we originally thought with Carnival to me would imply there could be another addition to this amusement park subtheme like a Zipper or Thunder Bobs next year which brings up another point. This by itself may not seem like much but can you imagine an entire area filled with various thrill rides designed as official Lego sets? And people thought it was bad enough being bitten by the 'modular bug'. Haha.

Ok. Thanks, inversion! Another question. I wonder what that small logo/sticker represents on the front top of the smaller truck as well. Does anyone know what it reads?

I think it reads 'Amusements' under the Lego logo, pure speculation but that could open the door to a whole amusements theme, I suppose it depends how successful this set is but there are plenty of possibilites as have already been mentioned

Well, when the set first showed up fully displayed on the video I was disappointed. Then the guy went back to square one and I have to say, as others have, it just blew me away the fact that the whole thing is packed in 2 vehicles. Just amazing.

One thing I noticed, I think that this has to be one of the largest trucks out there, 8-stud wide if I'm not mistaken. Long gone are the days when all vehicles were 4-stud wide. I remember the first one I built that kinda broke that unwritten-rule 6670. Good on'em tho!

It not for me. I saw the video and it was like OK...whats next

Jamie always says Im super excited to build this and have always wanted to do ever since i worked and lego and blah blah blah.

Money is in my pocket. I'll ride this one out boys

• Like 1

As a set for playability this looks great.

I assume this will be a Lego exclusive like the other modulars? Or only available at a limilted number of retailers. This should keep the BP price high, but on the other hand discounts may be rare.

So for an investment point of view I think I will be waiting until 2016 at least.

Wow! Looks like the free June exclusive with purchases of $75 or more is a Balloon Stand! Obviously for the Carnival set. The promo background even has roller coaster art! I think that EVERY June to come will have a new exclusive as well as a new carnival ride!!! Also, the next two rides will hopefully be the flying aero planes and roller coaster as shown in the artwork of the Carnival box!