10244 - Fairground Mixer

Wazzapova

They used to have this ride at my city fair for years. But too many people died or something.

If a coaster fairgrounds set was made, it could be the Wild Mouse. It can come in three trucks and would only require a motor to bring the cars up and gravity can take care of getting the cars careening over the edges like the real coaster.

Its on sale now for VIP.

With; Balloon Cart (40108) and Turtles Flashback Shredder (5002127) free.

The cart is quite nice 66 pcs.

How come when I add Fairground Mixer to cart on Lego SAH, I don't see Balloon Cart added to cart?  Is this offer in-store only?

Don't see the point of getting it

now then

Yeah  not a good idea to get it now for investing its going be a long time before its goes EOL. Only reason to get it now is the hot dog cart, the cart will probably be quite rare its only a gift with the fairground. Still even if you sell the cart for 20 euro/dollar still a lot of money stuck in the set for many years. 

Makes me sick to my stomach just looking at that.  I would hurl all over everybody on that ride.  I don't mind roller coasters, but spinning and going backwards are bad news.

Haha I'm the same, things like the ships that go back and forwards and the spinning tea cups in Disney land or that round-up make me sick so fast! I'm fine in roller coasters.

Come June 1st, do you have to buy the Fairground Mixer to get the balloon cart promo or will a purchase over $75 get it?

In Europe you only get the cart with the fairground mixer at the moment. For purchases +30 euro you get shredder minifig at the moment. Might change 1 June no idea. Of course then the balloon cart will be way less rare.

Bought the Mixer today with a "Kidstuff Coupon Book" $20 off $100. Interesting set. Very clever really. Smaller box which I was disappointed in for $150. Small in comparison to a Modular, but I think the set is very creative and cute. The ability to pack the entire "carnival" up into two trucks is a really neat idea. This set will have its fans. Playability is extremely high, but as a display piece, it lacks. Geared towards the young buyer IMO. Not really flashy enough for some AFOLs.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

I was in a Lego store last night and an employee told me after 2 days on the shelf they hadn't sold a single mixer set. Take that with a huge grain of salt of course. I personally like the set but it is a little underwhelming after seeing it on display in the store. Of course the whole idea of it all fitting on the trucks is lost when someone sees the display. Which in my opinion is one of the best aspects of the set.

Bought the Mixer today with a "Kidstuff Coupon Book" $20 off $100. Interesting set. Very clever really. Smaller box which I was disappointed in for $150. Small in comparison to a Modular, but I think the set is very creative and cute. The ability to pack the entire "carnival" up into two trucks is a really neat idea. This set will have its fans. Playability is extremely high, but as a display piece, it lacks. Geared towards the young buyer IMO. Not really flashy enough for some AFOLs.

Definitely - I think thats why I can't really appreciate it. I look towards everything as Display first, playability way second. But I have to admit it is a really cool idea and I think it will be a popular set.

I think it's OK, but just not quite up to Jamie's usual standard. As garnish for my modular town, I think I'll stick with the Winter Village Market.

Re: Jamie's standard, From a display point of view, maybe not, maybe so, but the genius is in the ability to fold/unfold the set in the manner it has, and that has to be applauded as such.

To me, one of the most important factors when judging a set in general is the box size and weight of the set.  This set definitely underwhelms in that area.  It does not look like a $150 set.  It was sitting next to a few Modulars and I almost didn't buy it.  Maybe the 12 minifigures help make up for some piece difference.  

Re: Jamie's standard, From a display point of view, maybe not, maybe so, but the genius is in the ability to fold/unfold the set in the manner it has, and that has to be applauded as such.

Yes, that is what makes this set.  Very, very clever build.