Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

I saw that. If the production runs are about equal I think the a Rover will do better. If the Exo Suit seems to have a smaller run then this set could do very well.

I just hope that TLG doesn't start tossing the "limited" tag on a bunch of sets and saves it for the special few that actually are.

I'm super excited about this one!  I might be an exhibitor at Brickfair this year, and if I am, I will be making a trip to the LEGO store on August 1st!  My goal is to scoop up three-four of these, maybe building two.  With the turnout of Benny's Spaceship, plus the boost of the LEGO Ideas theme, I think this will be a great set to both build and sell.

Guest TabbyBoy

My gut feeling for this set it a good one and I hope it's genuinely limited.  I'll wait to see that it's for sale just at Lego only (like 21104 was) before I buy in addition to the one for my collection.

Regarding measurements, the UK is the most confusing... We use metric for everthing apart from our roads which are in miles.  Mountain bikes sizes are in inches and road bike sizes are in cm.  Draft beer in a pub is served in pints (a bigger 20oz pint than the wimpy 16oz American one!) but, 500ml in a bottle with the exception of Newcastle Brown Ale which is 550ml (nearly a UK pint but, still bigger then the American one!).  It's a criminal offence here to serve fruit & veg using the imperial system.  A pedantic greengrocer near me sells potatoes and bananas per 0.454kg rather than per pound.

Guest TabbyBoy

I've just noticed it's the same logo as that on the torso of 5002812.  I'll order 5 in that case to sell as sets.  But, ONLY if it's limited.

What do you guys think of the green?  I think I'll have to warm up to that.

Otherwise, the mech looks great!  I can see people parting these out to build an army.  I know I want at least 10 mechs on my team!  Or maybe even two teams...Benny vs. the Green Turtles.

I'm really satisfied with how it turned out. I'll be buying one or two for my personal collection and hopefully two or three for investment. Green is my favorite color so I'm happy with how the minifigures turned out, though I would have rather had dark green.

Two green minifigs, and a turtle-robot ?

It's some really nice add-on to the initial project.

About the exo-suit itself, I don't know, some points are better, some points not.

Overall it's cool looking, I only hope the original designer isn't too much disappointed.

Two green minifigs, and a turtle-robot ?

It's some really nice add-on to the initial project.

About the exo-suit itself, I don't know, some points are better, some points not.

Overall it's cool looking, I only hope the original designer isn't too much disappointed.

The spirit on the set, and the general look is still there.  I'm assuming they had to re-engineer a lot of it due to illegal connections, stability, and to keep the piece count to whatever Lego wanted to keep it at.  I'm kind of confused as to why they went with the little turtle robot, I hope they didn't have to compromise the design of the exo suit in order to free up pieces for it.

I've been increasing the size of my personal mech collection in anticipation for this set. I will be adding it to: 70814 Construction Mech, 70807 Metalbeard (Yeah, he's more of a steampunk cyborg...), 70500 Kai's Fire Mech, 6862 Lex Power Armor, 70813 Fire Truck Mech, and am wanting to grab a 70707 Eradicator and possibly a 70008 Gorilla Striker. Will make a great coffee table battle display!

Looks like this set is only getting one run. The LEGO set designer who worked on this set was posting about it over on Reddit.

This is currently a single production run - I'm not sure of the figures - but if you see it and you want it then buy it, at the moment when it's gone it's gone for good. Don't be disappointed. (Not trying to do a hard sell here, this is currently the plan!)

User name was Lego_Nabii, thread is: http://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/29tas5/lego_ideas_exosuit_finally_revealed/ if any one is interested.

The original designer, Peter Reid, and Lego worked together very closely on this so I would say both parties are pleased with the results. :)

Looks like this set is only getting one run. The LEGO set designer who worked on this set was posting about it over on Reddit.

Wait a minute, the first completely original set design started as a CUUSOO project to finally be released as an Ideas set and it only gets one run?! Well it better be a good long run otherwise that is one seriously epic fail on Lego's part. For crying out loud, I was one of the original supporters of the Exo-Suit when it first started. Well, I will just make sure to buy one when it becomes available to the public.
  • Like 1

Guest davewager78

Am i right to think that in the UK we're getting Exosuit, Mini Cooper, and Architecture Studio all on the 1st of August?

This is bad, financially, as i want all of these for my personal collection, let alone anything else. Plus...we're going on holiday that day :/

So I read on Brickset that it is a one run only production. How can that be? Is lego trying to mess around with the customers? I don't think Lego want to miss out on the profit do they?

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Brickpicker mobile app