Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

Knock knock

- Who's there ?

Howard

- Howard who ?

Howard you missing the Big Bang Theory reference while a French man clearly was not ? :D :D :D

....Cause I don't watch The Big Bang Theory? I get the references by association in what people talk about but other than that, the show is another one of those nonexistent entities for me. And

I'm going to try to shoot for five.  Not a lot, compared to what other guys are getting, but I do not want to put all my limited eggs in one basket.  I have no doubt that this set will be a huge winner.  The AFOL community has been waiting for a revival of classic space ever since it retired, and because AFOLs are the ones who make the secondary LEGO market possible, that will make this set a nice sturdy investment.

Being a huge fan of classic space and mechs myself, at least one will be opened to display.  If I get enough, I will open a second one, sell the minifigures, and keep the Exo-suit so that both Pete and Yve can both sit in an Exo-suit and the turtle will have another turtle buddy to keep him company.

• Like 2

So, who had the correct Classic spaceman classification?

According to the Lego Ideas blog post, 
Mark told us that each of the original colors of Classic Space minifigures had a specific job: white for pilots, red for soldiers/explorers, yellow for scientists, blue for commanders and black for spies. 

But according to Brickipedia, whose source is supposed to be the creator, Jens Nygaard Knudsen:
Blue = soldiers/security personnel (http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Blue_Classic_Spaceman)

Was Benny a commander or a soldier?

The beauty of the classic space line was that there wasn't any real story or predefined roles...it was up to the child to create their own universe. The sets simply served as a support to the imagination.

As a kid I equated it to the classic Star Trek. Yellow was command, blue were sciences, and red was engineering. White was usually support and black were commanders due to there relative rareity. Going from the promotional videos I inferred that the new greens are some kind of SAR (search and rescue) or salvage.

But in the end it is up to the imagination. The universe is yours to create...

• Like 3