9468 - Vampyre Castle

nolanfan34

13 yrs old. I know, I should be getting more...

The guy who mows lawns in our neightborhood makes at least $25 for a small lawn. That's close to $50 / hour plus some sun and exercise. We bought a used mower on craigslist for $40 3 years ago. Gas/oil/filter another $10? Pays for itself after 1 weekend.

This is partially how I funded my baseball card and collections as a kid...just sayin ;)

I got both HH and VC sets for my kids to play with, 5 and 3 yrs old. If I put them side by side they always end up playing with the VC. I'm hoping I can find a few more of these at Walmart for $69. A few of them around me haven't discounted them yet and won't budge on the price.

I would gladly pay someone $20 for my medium size lawn (front and back) to avoid the work but my wife would kill me lol. Guess she's a good saver, explains her hand bags at $1000 each which I don't get - to each their own.

My wife buys those expensive handbags too! I always ask whats wrong with the other 10 you have??

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question, I picked up a couple vampyre castles on clearance from walmart but didnt realize the tape had been lifted off and the box opened. The everything appears to still be in factory sealed bags but the box is open. Can you return clearance items or are they buy as is? Also, how much does it hurt the value if the box is opened but the bags still sealed? Thanks

Quick question, I picked up a couple vampyre castles on clearance from walmart but didnt realize the tape had been lifted off and the box opened. The everything appears to still be in factory sealed bags but the box is open. Can you return clearance items or are they buy as is? Also, how much does it hurt the value if the box is opened but the bags still sealed? Thanks

Not sure about your first question, but I can tell you that I have sold a couple of items as open box, and have gotten very close to the same amount of an equal set in a sealed box.

• Like 1

As the others have said, any Walmart will allow you to return the item. Alternatively, you can take it to Guest Services and have them hold it while you grab another sealed one from the shelf and you can exchange it. You can even do this at a different Walmart than the one you bought the set from so long as you have your receipt. Though I should say, having the outer box sealed is not really a price changer so much as making sure items all there and the inner bags are sealed.

• 2 months later...

That would make one hell of a big vampyre castle, although I'm not sure my wife would appreciate me selling one of the kids on eBay to fund that many :)

If she's under 40, you can still have another one. Plus kid's kidneys are selling well. In fact sell your kids, then their old room can be made into your own lego cave. 

That way you wont have to listen to your wife's muffuled crys from the bed room. If that doesn't work, Has your wife a large life insurance? Just keep it in mind. Oh and remember qwick lime leaves burn marks on the soil, so bury those bodies deep. Hope this helps....lol Stomping

Guest brickcrazyhouse

That would make one hell of a big vampyre castle, although I'm not sure my wife would appreciate me selling one of the kids on eBay to fund that many :)

would your wife consider renting the kids out for a day?  Kidding of course 

I would gladly pay someone $20 for my medium size lawn (front and back) to avoid the work but my wife would kill me lol. Guess she's a good saver, explains her hand bags at $1000 each which I don't get - to each their own.

I let my wife indulge herself. As least it isn't experience most of the time. Plus, I like pointing out her 50 pairs of shoes and 15 upscale bags when she has anything to say about my lego INVESTMENTS. yes, I stress IN-VEST-MENTS when telling her that. My approach also helps with her not nagging me for other things like high stakes fantasy football drafts and then flopping my arse on the sofa each Sunday while streaming Red Zone and the games to my Apple TV.

I stopped by one of our regional Wal-Marts today.  I knew at one time they had a large stock of Vampyre Castles.  When I was there right after the Summer clearance started, they only had two in the Lego section priced at $69.  Today I was there and they must have dug the remaining out of the back.  They had more than a dozen setup in a Lego Friends display marked with yellow stickers at $69.  When I was out driving around, I decided to call the manager and see if he'd deal on them.  He said "We mark them at whatever price corporate messages us with."  I think this is a load of crap, but I didn't say that and I was very nice.  I did mention that every Wal-Mart seems to clearance stuff differently.

He said that he could sometimes adjust the price, but i should check back at the beginning of September to see if they are marked down further.  He said markdowns are always done at the beginning of the month.  Which I also know is a load of BS, considering the Wal-Mart clearance finds that have been reported that last several weeks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped by one of our regional Wal-Marts today.  I knew at one time they had a large stock of Vampyre Castles.  When I was there right after the Summer clearance started, they only had two in the Lego section priced at $69.  Today I was there and they must have dug the remaining out of the back.  They had more than a dozen setup in a Lego Friends display marked with yellow stickers at $69.  When I was out driving around, I decided to call the manager and see if he'd deal on them.  He said "We mark them at whatever price corporate messages us with."  I think this is a load of crap, but I didn't say that and I was very nice.  I did mention that every Wal-Mart seems to clearance stuff differently.

He said that he could sometimes adjust the price, but i should check back at the beginning of September to see if they are marked down further.  He said markdowns are always done at the beginning of the month.  Which I also know is a load of BS, considering the Wal-Mart clearance finds that have been reported that last several weeks.

exciter1, I know this is a few weeks old but I just caught this...it seems to me the manager is playing a small game of chicken with you to see if you'll blink at the $69 price.  Did you wind up buying any?

This is the same think with the Black Pearl same time last year, Lego, Amazon, etc all still had them for $89.99-$99.99 and Target had them for $74.99 on Black Friday, and the Queen revenge was on Amazon for $112.00 for Months, and look at them now. Same thing with the Vampire's castle, don't worry the price will rise, just be sure to wait another year or so.

in summary, buy a few even if you are unable to find it discounted at this point.  it has everything going for it.

- fun set

- castle

- cool sand green car

- zombies

- vamps

- man bat

- seems to be flying under the radar the last 6 months

- retiring soon

- higher element count for a non-exclusive set

- etc...

in summary, buy a few even if you are unable to find it discounted at this point.  it has everything going for it.

- fun set

- castle

- cool sand green car

- zombies

- vamps

- man bat

- seems to be flying under the radar the last 6 months

- retiring soon

- higher element count for a non-exclusive set

- etc...

Also, there are two natural sales periods for this set: prior to Halloween and prior to Christmas.