9468 - Vampyre Castle

nolanfan34

2 bucks a week? Your parents need to keep up with inflation! I got two dollars a week back in 1987, when you could actually buy something with it. Obviously it depends on the amount of chores you do, but they should be giving you 10 or more!

Honestly I cant see why anyone would pay for this after EOL .. when they could just go for the Haunted House which is 100x better. This set isnt even that great, I would rather spend my money and get the Haunted House hands down

Honestly I cant see why anyone would pay for this after EOL .. when they could just go for the Haunted House which is 100x better. This set isnt even that great, I would rather spend my money and get the Haunted House hands down

Actually a fair point, and why I only have 3 castles. $200 VC vs $200 HH, HH wins every time.

I do think the castle is an awesome set though.

This is true in the short term while HH is still around...but once HH retires, it will sell for significantly more than the VC, so people who can't afford it will have to buy the VC.  The other people who will be getting the VC are completists who want to collect the whole line.  Though I have to say, while I like the HH more than the VC, the VC is still really COOL...definitely not 100x better...

Sure the haunted House is way better than the Vampire Castle, next halloween and Christmas these should bring in a good profit, But 2 years and later will really be great. And on the haunted House seems like alot of people don't agree on me keep buying haunted Houses, all I am telling people is to buy one every time you can spare the money, I see the price of this set skyrocket after it retires. I am trying to help guys you make some big money.

• Like 3

Thanks for all of your advice on here! I appreciate it!

Sure the haunted House is way better than the Vampire Castle, next halloween and Christmas these should bring in a good profit, But 2 years and later will really be great. And on the haunted House seems like alot of people don't agree on me keep buying haunted Houses, all I am telling people is to buy one every time you can spare the money, I see the price of this set skyrocket after it retires. I am trying to help guys you make some big money.

Guest TabbyBoy

My worry is that too many of everything appears to have been produced over the last year and a lot more more to come once the new Czech factory is in full swing.  I have a feeling that Lego will burst it's own bubble, not us.

For what it's worth, Vampire Castles appeared at one of my local Targets again.  Granted, they didn't have a shelf price tag that I could find, but scanned at full $99.99 retail.  Totally bummed because I was sure I had stumbled upon some lost Castles that would scan at $29.99 or something.  :hmm:

I agree that the HH is much better, but I don't think it's necessarily an "either or" type of decision. I think people will pay $200 for the HH, then say "wow! that was a great set...what else can I get?" They will then purchase the VC. I haven't built many of the current sets, but I have built both of these cause I think they really are two of the best out there.