9468 - Vampyre Castle

nolanfan34

Don't take them back, next year you will be crying the blues, think about millions of people like like haunted houses, vampires, etc. and with only a 1 year run the monster fighters will be great investment.

Ed,

So true.

Shack,

Only a few things in life are guaranteed :

Death, taxes, and some type of family feuds.

Investing in certain Lego themes or sets would follow. Buying VCs at $70 each would be very close to making my list.

Try actually ordering 99 of them. Bet Lego cancels that order. Also, the fact that there is no apparent 5 set ordering limit on LEGO Shop at Home is probably more indicative of Lego clearing out the last stock of an imminently EOL set then any nefarious plot to unload a large backlog of inventory. Most retailers, when faced with a situation where they're overloaded with slow moving inventory, will clearance it out. Since Lego hasn't resorted to this yet with the Monster Fighters line I'd guess they are not yet facing such a situation where these sets are sitting, occupying valuable warehouse space needed for the incoming summer and Christmas stock.

Try actually ordering 99 of them. Bet Lego cancels that order. Also, the fact that there is no apparent 5 set ordering limit on LEGO Shop at Home is probably more indicative of Lego clearing out the last stock of an imminently EOL set then any nefarious plot to unload a large backlog of inventory. Most retailers, when faced with a situation where they're overloaded with slow moving inventory, will clearance it out. Since Lego hasn't resorted to this yet with the Monster Fighters line I'd guess they are not yet facing such a situation where these sets are sitting, occupying valuable warehouse space needed for the incoming summer and Christmas stock.

Good point about clearance.

It would be interesting to see if they cancel the order. Personally I don't want to take the chance of it actually working.

Makes me wonder what the largest Internet order they have fulfilled is.

• Like 1

Don't panic - in fact, I'd probably grab any that I saw at $70 (if I could find any for that price in stores around me) - now is the time to stock up. All themes and sets are discounted at some point. Buying them low and being patient (slowly watching that CAGR climb post-EOL) might drive some people nuts, but you'll be happy next year.

I don't have a single one so I hope it flops! After I get a few, I'd like to see it grow. These Monster Fighters sets have been growing on me over the past few months, at first I didn't like them at all, then I indifferent, then I sort of liked them, now I am big fan. Once I started to picture what it would be like to want to grab one of these and not being able to due prices, I started to realize how badly people would want them.

The monster fighters at my lego store got condensed into 1 shelf instead of two, and that one shelf was replaced with lone ranger................Just saying

Out with the old, in with the new! If there was never any turnover we'd never make any money!

I think the biggest problem this set is going to have is that it was one of the first sets to go EOL after there was a huge influx of new investors. Since January I think there has been an explosion if interest in lego investing. I am worried a lot of those new investors have been picking these up to hold and that could be a problem since so many more people are investing now. However after seeing how well zombies did, I am holding out hope on this set and I too invested heavily into it. It also helps that it is my personal favorite, so if it all goes bad, I will just have a killer Halloween setup

I think the biggest problem this set is going to have is that it was one of the first sets to go EOL after there was a huge influx of new investors. Since January I think there has been an explosion if interest in lego investing. I am worried a lot of those new investors have been picking these up to hold and that could be a problem since so many more people are investing now.

Very true, indeed. I'll bet there are quite a few people out there who own 5+, which for me is a huge number, considering I survive on a $2 a week allowance. ;) I don't doubt that it will appreciate, but to what extent, is the question.

Very true, indeed. I'll bet there are quite a few people out there who own 5+, which for me is a huge number, considering I survive on a $2 a week allowance. ;) I don't doubt that it will appreciate, but to what extent, is the question.

2 bucks a week? Your parents need to keep up with inflation! I got two dollars a week back in 1987, when you could actually buy something with it. Obviously it depends on the amount of chores you do, but they should be giving you 10 or more!

2 bucks a week? Your parents need to keep up with inflation! I got two dollars a week back in 1987, when you could actually buy something with it. Obviously it depends on the amount of chores you do, but they should be giving you 10 or more!

A load of laundry, bathroom, recycles is a regular week. I can do more for another whooping dollar...

A load of laundry, bathroom, recycles is a regular week. I can do more for another whooping dollar...

Sounds like you better start cutting some grass in the neighborhood! Going rate around here is 20 or 30 bucks a lawn, depending on size. Get on that hustle! :-)

Sounds like you better start cutting some grass in the neighborhood! Going rate around here is 20 or 30 bucks a lawn, depending on size. Get on that hustle! :-)

Lol, no lawns in the middle of Chicago. I am thinking of doing some volunteering over the summer though. :-S

It's a toy, of course they are going to produce a lot. I am more interested in the Haunted House. While it is more expensive it is a lot less mainstream and not in as many stores. I'd rather have one Haunted House instead of two Vampyre Castles.

Lol, no lawns in the middle of Chicago. I am thinking of doing some volunteering over the summer though. :-S

how old are you that you are getting paid that?