9468 - Vampyre Castle

nolanfan34

I do not think this set will be a winner, in the US Toys r Us ruined this set.... It as not appreciated more than 30%.. and you still have to pay all the fees associated with selling it...... the winner in MF line will be clearly HH..... Unload, then Reinvest.....  That is what I been doing with this set and Orc Forges....

I do not think this set will be a winner, in the US Toys r Us ruined this set.... It as not appreciated more than 30%.. and you still have to pay all the fees associated with selling it...... the winner in MF line will be clearly HH..... Unload, then Reinvest.....  That is what I been doing with this set and Orc Forges....

I unloaded all of mine at $150 (bought for $70 on average).  Wanted to move on and have the money and space available for other sets.

edit:  Also sold them all on bricklink, so my fees were much less as well :biggrin:

Edited by naf

I unloaded all of mine at $150 (bought for $70 on average).  Wanted to move on and have the money and space available for other sets.

edit:  Also sold them all on bricklink, so my fees were much less as well :biggrin:

I did the same thing, I was able to unload them at $180 in Mexico, and got most of them at 80 at TRU..... Reinvested in ToO......

Interesting. Bricklink shows the max price on US sales for this set as $130 going back 6 months. 

• Like 1

Any thoughts about bundling this or some of the cheapo Monster sets like the Werewolf with a HH when the time comes? I figure they will do better together and give added value when there are 1000 HH on EBay....

I'd rather not bundle the Vampyre Castle and Haunted House.  Too bulky and risky to ship.  I'll bundle some of the Scientists, Hearses, Werewolfs, Mummies, and Swamp Creature sets.

• Like 3

Any thoughts about bundling this or some of the cheapo Monster sets like the Werewolf with a HH when the time comes? I figure they will do better together and give added value when there are 1000 HH on EBay....

Just wait and keep your HH in storage, no need to bundle this set, and no urge in reselling this one now. Let the $300 sets go first on ebay, than there will not be "1000" but far less resellers on 2016.

About the vampyre castle, you can make a bundle with little sets, why, not, it's a good idea. It's all about monsters. But again, I would not try to sell it now and would wait up to Xmas 2015.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ok now we have seen what the scooby-doo mystery mansion will look like.

For those who missed it:

This just in, The Mystery Mansion. :biggrin:
15728935953_0b87a03347_o.jpg

The Brick Fan

rysult11.jpg

I still prefer the VC... the green car in the VC set is still a nice bonus... but I have to admit it's not as fun and the designers made a good job with the mystery mansion.

Gothic fans will prefer the VC but I think people who search for a Halloween Castle (sort of) will prefer the scooby-doo set.

Ok now we have seen what the scooby-doo mystery mansion will look like.

For those who missed it:

I still prefer the VC... the green car in the VC set is still a nice bonus... but I have to admit it's not as fun and the designers made a good job with the mystery mansion.

Gothic fans will prefer the VC but I think people who search for a Halloween Castle (sort of) will prefer the scooby-doo set.

I think both look as they should as in the mansion is a mansion and the castle is a castle. Color wise the castle is grim and more monochromatic in classic b-movie flair whereas the mansion is colorfully cartoon esque. I don't quite see the mansion hurting the castle's value other than perhaps being the more desirable between the two choices by the many.

To me these two sets looks quite familiar each other (certainly because of the roof) and I understand that a guy who search for an "haunted gothic building" could hesitate between these two sets. Yeah yeah, these are not exactly the same, but again, IMHO it's in the same category... (fun gothic building)

Some hours ago I showed the picture of the MM (mystery mansion) to a friend and he told me "cool, it will fit well with my monster fighters sets".

He still doesn't have the VC, so... I guess that if on 2015/2016 he had to choose between the MM (at retail price) or the VC (50% more expensive for the least) he will choose the scooby set.

Overall I don't say the VC will drop in value, but the MM might arm the CAGR of the VC (less demand).

Maybe I'll have to change my plan and sell my VC with an Helm's deep set and write "castlevania" inside the title. :paladin:

(where is this picture again ? the one combining these two sets ? :search:

edit: ok here it is: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=89205 )

Edited by biniou
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

The average selling price for Vampyre Castle is starting to creep up to Halloween 2014 levels, so I hope it keeps climbing before August/September.

I made a rookie mistake on this set. My buy-in was too high and I didn't research (or ask) what historical deals and pricing people bought in at. I only have a couple but I'm probably stuck holding onto these for a while (Halloween 2016).

• 2 weeks later...